General Question Do you use UCGO? If so, how?

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Lately i have been using it to practice basic lunar transfers in the arrow freighter and landing while making a small (for now at least ;) ) lunar base.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
[SNIP] I don't use the DGIV anymore because you cannot do manual re-entry in it, which to me kind of defeats the purpose of the craft as I do all of my re-entries manually. (I've tried the RCS+Elevon re-entry method that has been suggested, but it only works some of the time.) For some people the lack of manual re-entry isn't a problem, but these days I prefer to use the XR1 and the XR2 because they are more complicated. (And the XR1 has a VC, to boot!) [/SNIP]

sure you can! I've done it many, many times! It's just kind of challenging, that's all.

I use UCGO to drive people around the full scenery type bases. I also use the inflatable bases. I reallllly like the landing probe and the unpackable laser landing pad dealy-jig. I use that to practice hops and flights on the moon, usually. I also enjoy doing hover docking on the moon from the base to the Arrow Freighter. I get the Arrow hovering at something like 30km above the base and hover up to it in the DGiv, then dock it in the bay. then fly back to the earth with freighter and use the dgiv like a little drop ship landing pod, land, and try to take off and get back into the arrow, back to the moon blah blah blah....