Hardware Does Anyone Have a Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP?

othoudt

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has upgraded their video card and/or computer and now is in possession of an Nvidia GeForce 6200 AGP card they don't want anymore and would like to sell. I have an ATI 2400 256mb that does OK but I would rather have the afore mentioned Nvidia for several reasons.

[email protected]

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
I have a GeForce 6200 Over-Clocked but unfortunately it's PCI, sorry.
Oh, and btw, it seems to run Orbiter WORSE than without the card. Other programs, however, do show much improvement.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why do you want this specific card?

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, more than likely no one will sell it to you for much less than a new, actually GOOD card would cost. But if you have an old PC, it makes some sense. (the reason that that's all I have...)

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, more than likely no one will sell it to you for much less than a new, actually GOOD card would cost. But if you have an old PC, it makes some sense. (the reason that that's all I have...)
Well, you can get better AGP cards. I don't understand why one would specifically want a 6200...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Well, you can get better AGP cards. I don't understand why one would specifically want a 6200...
Well for some computers, getting anything better could be entirely useless. If your CPU and RAM don't match the level of the GPU, you're probably going to be limited in the programs you can use.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well for some computers, getting anything better could be entirely useless. If your CPU and RAM don't match the level of the GPU, you're probably going to be limited in the programs you can use.
Yes, but my point is that it'll be a lot easier to find a card (and easier to find one at a good price) if you ask for a "low-end working AGP graphics card" than specifically a 6200.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, but my point is that it'll be a lot easier to find a card (and easier to find one at a good price) if you ask for a "low-end working AGP graphics card" than specifically a 6200.
Alright, you've got me there. :p

othoudt

Reaction score
Well, I have an older computer and according to a friend of mine who really knows this stuff the 6200 is the best card for my machine. I know it's a long shot but a used 6200 AGP is my best hope. It has very high mem clock and core clock values and being an Nvidia it is the chipset that graphics programmers write for. My Raedon ATI 2400 256mb AGP card doesn't render graphics as well as my old Nvidia 7600 128mb card did. Unfortunatly, it died. So until I can afford to upgrade my whole system to accomadate a new high end PCIe card ($600-$800 for new motherboard, ram, CPU, power supply) I'll settle for the 6200 if I can find one.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Well, I have an older computer and according to a friend of mine who really knows this stuff the 6200 is the best card for my machine. I know it's a long shot but a used 6200 AGP is my best hope. It has very high mem clock and core clock values and being an Nvidia it is the chipset that graphics programmers write for. My Raedon ATI 2400 256mb AGP card doesn't render graphics as well as my old Nvidia 7600 128mb card did. Unfortunatly, it died. So until I can afford to upgrade my whole system to accomadate a new high end PCIe card ($600-$800 for new motherboard, ram, CPU, power supply) I'll settle for the 6200 if I can find one.
The 6200 is worse than the 7600...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Never buy a NV graphics card with 2 as the second figure in its number. It's the worst you can do. If you want a card from 6th series, find a 6600 AGP, which is also cheap (but not so much as PCI-E version), at least where I live. And GF 6200 could be even slower than Radeon 2400, but I can't find comparable tests right now.