Earth L11 L14

Sgt Pepper

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is in the right place but here we go anyway.

I've been trying to download the above file from the File distribution host which is linked from the official web site. http://orbitersimulator.com/orbiter-2010-downloads/

When hitting the link "Earth L11 L14" (which should be a 300MB download,) I keep getting a 16.9 MB zipped folder with nothing in it, is there something wrong with this link?

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Same here, except I get the error
! C:\...\...\...\Earth091124_11_14.zip: Unexpected end of archive
reported by WinRar

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
yeah that happened to me a couple days ago, so i used the torrent, which worked great, fast too

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
same here but I just moved 11-14 textures from my old install to new

MattBaker

Reaction score
I can confirm the problem, but did the same as statickid, the torrent still works.

Astronut25

Reaction score
Space Saving Tip (not exactly on-topic)

same here but I just moved 11-14 textures from my old install to new

not really on topic, but relevant to this quote. I was working with multiple installations of orbiter when I noticed that the textures folders were huge. To save space, I just created an "Orbiter" folder with all of the installations in subfolders, and a "common files" folder. then I created Symbolic Links and put them in the Orbiter folders, I saved a good 30GB of space with that. (since I used it for mods too)

I hope this helps save some HD space.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
not really on topic, but relevant to this quote. I was working with multiple installations of orbiter when I noticed that the textures folders were huge. To save space, I just created an "Orbiter" folder with all of the installations in subfolders, and a "common files" folder. then I created Symbolic Links and put them in the Orbiter folders, I saved a good 30GB of space with that. (since I used it for mods too)

I hope this helps save some HD space.

Personally I need complete installs as 2 of my Orbiters are developement enviroments for add-ons and 3rd for actual playing. I don't trust symbolic links there. :p (oldschool a bit)

I've dedicated 500gb harddrive for my GFX work/Orbiter so for me HD space is not a constrain.

StableIT

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hey all,

I posted in the thread above but wanted to also follow up here, the Earth 11/14 texture has been re-uploaded.

If there are problems with the file, or others post / message me. I just moved to a new house last month and am getting settled in with Christmas coming so I am not checking the forums as frequent as I'd like, however messages hit my email.

All the best and fly safe :)