Problem Earth not Spinning

KuatYards

Ejection Seat Tester
Reaction score
My earth is not spinning... AT ALL :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:... I just reinstalled orbiter 2010-P1 with several Rag Tag fleet ships and core mfds like UAP, and IMFD. Anyone encounter this before, any help.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Did you install OMP? I read somewhere that it causes the earth to stop moving. But that was a while ago. I dont think its a bug. Did you install anything else?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Correct, to allow OMP to be more stable in terms of synching positions between users the Earth does not rotate. To fix this just replace the Earth.cfg from the original orbiter zip file.

This is also a good reason to take backups before installing addons.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Correct, to allow OMP to be more stable in terms of synching positions between users the Earth does not rotate. To fix this just replace the Earth.cfg from the original orbiter zip file.

This is also a good reason to take backups before installing addons.

It spins....just very slowly.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
It spins....just very slowly.

Nope. The earth in OMP does not spin, however it does continue to orbit the sun, and this motion gives the appearance of rotation.

Ren Dhark

Reaction score
Nope. The earth in OMP does not spin, however it does continue to orbit the sun, and this motion gives the appearance of rotation.
Yes, and due the fact that earth sill moves around the sun without any rotation itself a day on OMP's earth equal a year. We currently moved into a half year of darkness on the OMP server and had to set time back to 10. Mar. 2012, 12:00 (MJD=”55996.5") to get daylight on the Airport.

Last edited: