Science Endless and free electricity generation : what's the trick ?

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
L
EDIT: A 70W bulb at 230V draws 3.3A not 0.3, I got the equation the wrong way round.
Do you mean 3.3 on the primary side or secondary side.

One key feature which makes it mechanically possible, is that the fans swings in both directions when the 4th magnet is close to position, this plus the odd numbered fan blades and even number of magnets.

What make me think that he's bs'ing on the load capability, is that there are no discernible load effects on the fan as each light is added... it seems to happily spin at a constant rate as if it was unloaded. You might find that this might work for LED lighting - I might just play around a bit.. and check it out.. :)

Last edited:

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Actually. I was right the first time. A 70W bulb on a 230V supply would draw 0.3A of current. There's no primary or secondary involved here.

Col_Klonk

Reaction score
I was asking as if he was stepping up the voltage from 12 to 220 volts AC (or switched DC), each light would draw about 0.3amps on the secondary(output) side, but the primary side (connected to the fan) would draw around 6 amps, which would either stop the fan, or bring is close to stopping (loading effects) , if there was not a strong enough mechanical driving force of some sort, as delivered current (power) magnetically opposes the direction of rotation.

Another thing is that, unless he has electrically modified the fan which I doubt, PC fans, nowdays, are DC driven with their own inbuilt controller chips. If the circuitry is still in place.. there is no way that it is powering the lights - more or less indicated by the non-existent loading effects on the fan speed .

I'll take a guess and say he has either an inverter or converter (with battery) in that black transformer pack which can deliver enough power to the lamps for a minute or two.
:)

Last edited:
E

ex-orbinaut

Manually turning a brushed DC electric motor will produce readable AC and DC voltages, already. The thing here is phase and frequency. Using a rectifier reverse biased, even if you could rely on back leakage being enough for your purposes (a bit of a "bull let loose in a fine crystal shop" approach), it does not guarantee appropriate phase on the AC (most likely you will not get away from the motor rpm), so it is pointless, I think, to do that. The chief purpose of an inverter is to establish dependable frequency, and you need an oscillator for that. If you are knowledgeable enough with transistors, you can make your own by making it saturate and breakdown repeatedly, but again, a second best approach. Also, you don't get something for nothing; you can up or down the final output voltages easily enough with dissimilar wound transformer coils, but at the end of the day the amp/hour capacity of the generation cannot be exceeded (safely), and that's down to the "generation potential" of the original motor, at a given rpm.

Experts will be able to correct me, please; I am only at hobby level electronics, myself. :)

It is an interesting little demo, particularly like the use of the last magnet as a starter/sustainer. Don't get the French, so I am missing a lot, no doubt. However, it is not all that innovative. Read this.

Last edited by a moderator: