Project Energia-M

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:hesaid:

Also the SRC Polygon that comes with Kultch's Energy Project. I'll have links to the downloads listed in the users guide.
Although I didn't have that particular surface tileset listed. I'll link to that one also, it's (only) 15.8 meg. The Baikonur 2010 tiles are 90+ meg. Makes for a big download, but worth it visually.

There's a few guys out here on the forum that have beta copies (and glad for it!). I'd made some stupid packaging errors, and have gotten those fixed. Renamed some things to make it easier (like stageB.dds instead of thisone.dds), and goofed up some of that.

Hey n72.75, you may recognize the "nose art" on the fairing...

As soon as the wrinkles get ironed out and the guys give me a thumbs up, it'll be Tuesday (regardless of what actual day it might be...). I don't mind saying that I'm a bit nervous about releasing something like this.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4247"]Baikonur Surface Tiles v1.1[/ame]

I think I like these better. It looks pretty good, and it's much smaller of a download.

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is it compatibile in size/rocket elevation with Kulch's Energia tower?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
The -M was much shorter than the full sized Energia launcher, and slightly narrower but not so much to be all that different.

Thanks to K_Jamison pointing me in the right direction on how to offset the angle of the boosters, the rocket sits on the blocks in the same manner as it would have.

When you launch from Baikonur, it's obvious that the mobile service tower can accommodate a much larger rocket, but the Energia-M fits nicely. Launching from SRC Polygon isn't as noticeable unless you extend the catwalks via the scenario editor.

Each location has it's own .ini file, so that the user doesn't have to manually adjust where the cog (so the rocket doesn't appear to be floating above the ground)

hang on, screen shot approaching...
In the lower image there is a UMMU dude, I put him there for perspective, but it didn't turn out like I'd planned. The night shot was a view from the same UMMU.

Energia_nighttime_at_Baikonur.jpg

Energia_at_Baikonur.jpg

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Honest request - can you make screenshot with only Energia tower (from Kulch's Energia) in some empty enviroment - I'm considering launch complex for it on Jarvis 2

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's looking really great !
Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Nice job:cheers:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Wow I just found this, but I'm impressed, this'll definitely go into my collection to be used at some point by my VSA.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Honest request - can you make screenshot with only Energia tower (from Kulch's Energia) in some empty enviroment - I'm considering launch complex for it on Jarvis 2

Like this?
Tower_test.jpg

I think the one on the left is more suited to multiple rocket designs. The UKSS tower on the right is pretty much dedicated to Energia vehicles due to the maintenance platforms. While the Energy project (left on again) is a bit more generic(?).

Generic isn't a fair term though, it's actually pretty awesome. I hope Yuri updates it for local light sources.