"Evil" Addon Developer

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
As long as you have a good anti-virus software (I even have a program for my Linux distro) and access to a strong tech support community which provides malware removal programs and instructions, you need not worry too much about viruses.
AV, as already stated, is close to useless with new threads, as also are 'strong tech support community which provides malware removal programs and instructions'. If you need not to worry about threads, then you've already lost.

In the end, personal responsibility and common sense is the best anti-virus measure.
And lack of trust.

I did not say "only" but a truly talented hacker would not be someone trying to show off as a dev while he should remain in the shadows because of what he does. Or am I wrong?
Wrong, you are overgeneralizing. What motivates a 'hacker' (from the script kiddie to the über haxxor, from the white to the black hats plus any good dev, if you feel you want an 'historical' definition) can vary enourmously.

Indeed the generic list Urwumpe criticized, was a copy-paste of a list that is available for employees at the company. So it looks like the company has IT people who present generic and incorrect info. Do not blame me, blame IT dept.
No, I blame you for copy-pasting without mentioning the source, and without really understanding the content.

Well, yes and no. Generally the OS (Windows does this most) looks at the extension on a file to determine what to do with it when the user opens it. Now I've never tried renaming an executable as a .txt file on Windows, but I just did some experimenting on my Ubuntu system here. An ELF named as a txt, and with the executable flag set, will give the option to either execute or open as a text file, as with a shell script. When named as a jpeg, however, no attempt is made to execute the file, and the OS goes straight to trying to open it with Gimp. So as far as direct, user-requested execution, files without executable extensions are not as much of a threat. (Executable extension, however, can mean an extension that is opened by a program that can carry out arbitrary actions based on commands it finds in a file, such as a shell script).
Don't mix the Linux environment with Windows environment. Linux does not care about extensions at all, and not all infection vectors are about running a malicious executable.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Whatever motivation an "evil" addon maker may have, it must be very negative. Negativity attracts negative events, and our mission in life is not to spread evil or destruction or sadness or any negative emotions. The guy who engages in that would be overwhelmed by negative events in his life as he attracts negativity.

Normally people do not think that what they do to others will happen to them. I have known of very clear examples of people who felt invincible, almost as powerful as God, and ended up badly. Whatever you give to life, it will return to you.

I prefer to seed good things, so I harvest good things. Those who seed and spread negativity, will harvest exactly that in their lives. Wanna try? It is up to every one. There is no escape from the laws of life.

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
And you derived the 'laws of life' from where?

MeDiCS

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Let's not turn this into a moral/philosophical debate thread.
Well, yes, I agree. Most threads of this kind turns out to be a place for flaming and/or bashing.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ah, OK. There should be a copy at the Miskatonic University library then.

Likely only in the special collection, near the von Junzt book. I can look into the Ex Libris Miskatonici, there should be copy of it at my university.

Last edited:

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Likely only in the special collection, near the von Junzt book.

Ah, yes, Unaussprechlichen Kulten. Should be right there with The King in Yellow. That's a good play. Read it some times, although the second act always tends to leave me waking up in some forsaken street with no recollection of what happened recently and generally covered in someone's blood.

Just borrowed that Ludvig Prinn tome, De Vermis Mysteriis. I always wanted to try fishing but bait-making eludes me. That should help.

E

ex-orbinaut

hii
Take a glance on following info this is all related to Computer-Based Training just click on following link

http://www.logicalsecurity.com/store/Computer-Based Training, Online Courses, Self-Study Solutions

If you're looking for IT training to improve your skills and increase your value, you've come to the right place. The IT training experts at Logical Security understand the challenges you face and have a variety of online and self-study training products to meet the needs of today's busy professionals.

i hope this will help u

thanks

Huh????

I'd watch him / her. Think we got our man / woman here.

:rofl:

BTW, what is a man divided by a woman?