OHM Exploding Quantum Torpedoes Preview

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: ae7flux

Tired of firing blanks? You don't have to any more. This addon adds working (i.e. exploding) quantum torpedoes to any vessel capable of spawning another vessel and since that includes all Spacecraft3 vessels, most Star Trek vessels in Orbiter can now have working quantum torpedoes. Adding torpedoes is a simple two step process. Just follow the included instructions.

The addon comes with a sample scenario with destroyable targets. Line them up and knock them down!

I plan to create more interactive scenarios. This is just a preview to get feedback on usability.

Coming soon: SPACE INVADERS IN ORBITER!

DOWNLOAD

Cizurator

Whooooosh!
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Extraordinary! This addon brings much more potential for space weapons, and more life into all sci-fi scenarios in Orbiter! And maybe not only for torpedoes, but (after some graphic work) even various lasers and phasers, don't you think?

Ae7flux

Ghost of Utopia Planitia
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks! I thought you might like it. I'd like to do beam weapons but I suspect the maths might be beyond me. But it's something to think about and I'm open to suggestions about how it might be done.

Ae7flux

Ghost of Utopia Planitia
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a copy of spacecraft so I don't know what it's capabilities are but if it doesn't include the payload functionality, you're out of luck. However, unless you're using an extremely old version of Orbiter you should be able to simply change "spacecraft" to "spacecraft3" in the scenario file when you add the payload definitions and it should all work.