Problem F9 function causes CTD

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have 2010 working relatively well with a number of addons, however, I have found that when I use the F9 button to show the celestial grid, I get a CTD. There is nothing in the Orbiter log to indicate why this is happening. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a specific reason why using the F9 function would cause a CTD?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
As a general rule, F9 seriously degrade framerate, especially if you're displaying vessels... I don't exactly know why, though... Maybe it triggers "GetVesselBy..." and "GetElements..." functions that are frame-rate expensive...

There's a very high probability that your problem comes from an add-on. But which one ?

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So the question is, do I just live with it, or do I try to go through all of the addons to try to determine which addon, (or combination of addons), is causing the problem? The more downloads that are integrated into my Orbiter simulator, the more complex the interaction of these "programs" with the Orbiter core program and with each other, the more difficult it is to remedy any problems that arise.
I wish there was some tool available that could analyze any and all additions to Orbiter, and determine which program (or combination of programs) was causing the undesirable results!! Unfortunetly, there are so many great additions to Orbiter, that it gets increasingly difficult to say "no" which in turn can lead to a very "interesting" end result.:facepalm:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You could try that, even if it was designed for 2006...

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3201"]Orbiter Diagnostic[/ame]

stevcast

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks N_Molson, I'll give it a try. This Orbiter thing can really be frustrating, but it sure is a blast (no pun intended)!

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... and you didn't begun to explore the C++ jungle... :lol: