Problem Ferrari Mesh Export error

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to export a mesh using the 3d Studio msh exporter script. The model I am exporting can be found here :

http://artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/dnm/model_disp.php?uid=1687&count=count

I get this error relating to the opacity property of a material.

I did apply the Modifers >Mesh Editing > Optimize modifier to reduce the number of polygons. Is there a quick way to fix the error ? By removing the problematic material for example ?

Last edited:

dumbo2007

Reaction score
ok...so I am like a complete noob in 3ds max.:) So i was wondering how I can tell if I am using multi materials and if so how can I remove it. Is there a quick way to list which groups are using which materials ?

Well I got it in orbiter. I just pressed ctrl A and assigned blinn to all the materials. Then changed the color to red and scaled the whole thing. Will try to integrate it with Bullet now.

How are the polygon counts reduced in such meshes ? I have already tried the Modifers > Optimize

Last edited:

dumbo2007

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to reduce the polygon count in such meshes. Even after applying the Optimize modifier there seems to be too many faces.

Stoat

Reaction score
I'm not sure about max but on most 3d apps "optimize" just welds adjacent points and gets rid of a few stray polys. There's normally a function for making the mesh simpler, for export to gaming apps. A max forum should help you with that question.