First snow of the season!

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I woke up this morning, looked out my window, and I saw about half an inch of snow!:) It's still coming down at a steady rate, so we might actually get something worthwhile at the end of the day.

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
>.<
Where do you live?
In Wisconsin, we got snow in November

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Waiting for the second snow here, the first one came and gone 2 weeks ago.
That's the last month of weather: http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/2000000x_s.avi (2Mb)

The kind of midnight illumination a snow, cloud cover and urban lightwaste gives when put together is unforgettable:
img_76401.jpg

Kurt M. Weber

Reaction score
We had our first snow of the year about a week before Thanksgiving...it was rather pleasant being out jogging in it.

pete.dakota

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
We, here in England, had an unusually early snow-fall on the 28th/29th October; the first October snow-fall in the UK since 1934.

And, in some parts, there was a lot of snow this week just gone. But not here, sadly. :(

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, we got a light snow one day. :p It was probably the first time in like 20 years. :lol:
We can only hope for some snow this year. We've had a few cold fronts bring the temperature around freezing at night and 50-70 degress F during day, :)P) but without those the temperature is even higher. ;)

lennartsmit

Reaction score
I'm going snowboarding in austria and i saw on the internet there was 130cm snow.
in holland it sadly snowed just ones a few weeks ago

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
First snow reminds me of a young woman from Georgia (USA) who started working at our office in the mountains of western North Carolina some years ago. We got a wet, sticky November snow and she was so excited we went out in the parking lot to build snowmen. She strated pulling snow together into little 6 inch balls and stacking them up. I packed a little snowball and began rolling it. The ball was up to about 12 inches and growing when she looked over and said, "What the hell are you doing!?"

"Um..." I said, "Making a snowman. This is how it's done."

With an incredulous expression she said, "That really works? I thought that was just in cartoons!"

I pity people who grow up in warm climates.

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We got a decent flurry at my college on December 1, but just cold rain where I live so go figure! Still, I think it's really really early for the Atlanta area!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Unbelievable! It snowed ALL around the Houston area yesterday! Lots more of it than I've ever seen. (although I've only seen it one other time :p)

Last edited:

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
An while most of the world freezes, here in Aus we roasted like a BBQ chicken.

Jordaxe12

Reaction score
Well here in northern Ontario we got at least 3 feet of snow in the last month. :sos: