General Question fuel and rcs status in 1st person mode

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
this may have been asked and answered a hundred times already and if so, you have my sincerest apologies.
My question is "how do I get rid of the fuel status and rcs mode display in the upper left corner of the screen (while in 1st person or cockpit mode) for screenshots?"

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
By this, I'm assuming you're talking about the "glass cockpit" mode?

IIRC, the 2D panel mode has no such indicators. What I normally do to take a 1st person shot is scroll the panel out of the way, hit "I" to remove the orange text at the top, and (sometimes) disable the HUD (If I can work out how).

As for actually turning those portions of the glass cockpit off, I'm not sure if it actually IS possible, though I could be wrong...

Bloodworth

Orbinoob
Reaction score
you disable the hud with ctl+h. what I was talking about was this:
picture.php

picture.php
album.php

Last edited:

GreenMonkey

Green Monkey
Donator
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, only I want to enable fuel quantity and thrust force. It's disabled somehow and I can't get it back!

I've used Orbiter for a year now and can do most things, so if there is some simple key I should be pressing it would be good to know. :shrug:

It's useful when I'm trying to hover or gague how much fuel is left on a STS launch.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
The "I" button only toggles the top right information, as mentioned before.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Tried pressing "Ctrl + H" ?, that should enable or disable the fuel / thrust display

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
GM, as a test, you could try it in a clean Orbiter installation. AFAIK, there is no way to toggle the fuel/rcs status in the top-left corner in glass cockpit mode: it should always be shown. If it also doesn't appear for you in a clean Orbiter installation, then it sounds like some graphics driver glitch or something. Do you have anti-aliasing enabled in your video driver settings for Orbiter? If so, disable it as a test. Also, make sure you have a "T&L" video mode selected in the Orbiter launchpad and you're using 32-bit color.

One final question: what video card do you have? Is it on-board video, or is it a discrete card?