Project G42-200 StarLiner

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ok, just to let everyone know, project is still very much alive :thumbup:

free time has been eluding me lately... but i've managed to get a thing or two working since WIP-2 which i believe will make WIP-3 very interesting...

anyways... today i didn't manage to get much done... not that would be of interest to write about (other ppl's code hardly qualifies as hard-to-put-down reading)

but well, i get this monday off work, since we're moving offices and the interblags aren't pumping over 'till tuesday... so its mells like G42 interior stuffing all day for me (the smell is a 50-50 mix of trident mint gum and black coffee, FYI)

not tomorrow tho... it's my mom's birthday and i have to give that event due attention by going through the toil of a pleasant drive into a nice countryside house by the lake and participating in water-skiing related activities with family and friends... you know, that whole drag..... :lol: :cheers:

anyways, the scenario code is pretty much decided upon... now, i gotta somehow make the VC blitting process work, since Jarmonik tells me surf-to-same-surf blitting ain't gonna fly....

whenever that works, i'll call it WIP-3 - it's been too damn long, don't you think? :hmm:

well, 'till monday :salute:

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Great to hear the news on the StarLiner, it has been fun testing the bird out!

Have a good time! :cheers:

Last edited:

RaR76

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good to hear from you Moach! I hope you, your Mom and your family have a fun day!

:cheers:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
enjoy your day off and mother's birthday!

looking forward to WIP3!

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
alright! - just two hours in on my off-work-moving-offices monday and the VC blitting problems are FIXED :woohoo:

special thanks to Jarmonik for pointing out the exact cause of it (and for making the D3D9 client) - then i only had to sort out the bitmap resource loading problem, which i did, and now the VC is fully D3D9 compliant! :thumbup:

alright... what else before i call it WIP-3?... i had set myself a goal that if i fixed that VC thing i'd try and have it out still today

well, the nosewheel problem is gone also... i have already added a cargo attachpoint in the bay :hmm:

the DARTS and tanks look like they'll need more patience (too much model/texture/whatnot to get done)

so i think i'll just fix the scenario read/write stuff and see what else i can manage to pull off... then i'll pack it up and up it goes :cheers:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
what do you envisage being sent as cargo? have you modelled any or will it use existing models (like the Atlantis stock ones)

secondly, is there a place to put a URMS, i forget about all those discussions long ago :p

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

nvm, i just remembered i can look at the model myself :p

i also just noticed the "Cabin callout" panel, will that be functional as well?

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
what do you envisage being sent as cargo? have you modelled any or will it use existing models (like the Atlantis stock ones)

secondly, is there a place to put a URMS, i forget about all those discussions long ago :p

the cargo thing is a good area for debate, and i was hoping to get a few suggestions....

as of now, the '42s cargo bay is 30cm narrower than that of the shuttle.... doesn't seem like much - but sadly, that's enough so that a regular MPLM won't fit in there

i tried to make it a little wider, but turns out that's a lot less trivial than i anticipated, modelling-wise... i won't go there again unless we find it's absolutely necessary/realistic to make it STS-cargo compliant -- discuss :salute:

still, as far as UCGO cargo goes, i think there are a lot of stuff around that should fit without any problems... and since it's become pretty much a must-have, i think it would be reasonably safe to make it a dependency... UMMU as well... (i might also offer a "lite" edition that would be standalone, if necessary)

as for the URMS, there's a railing on the left side of the bay which is designed specifically for use with it... i haven't included any scenarios featuring it, since i didn't wanna cause dependencies on the first two WIP's....

i might add one for WIP-3, still...

well, let me get back to it :cheers:

the crew callout panel should be functional, i hoped.... let's see if i can get my girlfriend to cooperate with some voice acting and her hilariously amazing skill in doing a british accent :lol:

that's gonna take more time, tho.... unlike me, she did have to work today, as usual :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
looksies:

picture.php

as you can probably tell, i've painted the rudder :thumbup:

i've also rigged up a better code for the main engine contrails... not half as kludgy now (tho the default unlit contrail textures are kinda too dark, IMHO)

well, then i guess i'll just do the scenario code now and call it on WIP-3!

later, folkz :cheers:

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
well, i think i got it - scenario code is a go! :woohoo:

whadda you say? wanna get a hand on WIP-3? :rolleyes: let me pack it up, it's been a long day :thumbup:

hang on... i'm gonna zip everything up - i'll let you know when it's done uploading :cheers:

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
nice one man! i wish i wasnt downloading a freelancer (MS game) mod for the next 4 hours.... maybe we should get an orbiter torrent system set up so i can dl loads at once!

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
uploading now... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

there! http://moachcraft.xpg.com.br/G422-WIP/G42-200-WIP-3.zip

i post this here first so that you guys can verify that nothing's missing, blowing up etc... if all checks out, then it goes to the hangar (which i forgot to do for WIP-2) :hmm:

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Something is wrong with the archive. I can't open it in jZip or using Windows 'open compressed folder' option. An error pops up saying "The compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted." I tried downloading a second time and no change.

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
it's not the file... my server isn't very cooperative right now and it cuts the upload in half (i didn't notice it at first)...
so while it doesn't decide if it wants to play along, you can just get it from my dropbox

see if that works :rolleyes: