Project G42-200 StarLiner

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The original link works for me even if logged out: it'll say that there was a problem with the preview, but click on download and you should be on your way.

In any case, here's another Google Drive link, but it should behave the same way.

Behaves the same way. Oh well, I'll try my trusty foreign proxies, perhaps it's just some country-specific BS again.
EDIT: doesn't work, either. Always the same BS login window. There is no direct download link anywhere. Tried with Firefox, Lynx, links, w3m and heck, even wget and curl.
Please, could somebody provide a download link that works for people without Google accounts?

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is this useful in any way? https://we.tl/yUdgBLn1DY

I turned them into *.FBX files. I couldn't export to *.msh.

Sorry, missed that for a while... it says it is deleted now. Wouldn't help me, anyway, because I don't know how to convert that format to MSH, too.

---------- Post added at 06:45 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

Has any one compiled this for 2010 or 2016?

That's what I did since post 1318.

Jeorbit

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Wow, I stumble upon this thread. Thanks a lot for you efforts in bringing back to life this really nice project!

sphinxbot

Reaction score
Sorry, missed that for a while... it says it is deleted now. Wouldn't help me, anyway, because I don't know how to convert that format to MSH, too.

---------- Post added at 06:45 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

That's what I did since post 1318.

I don't really understand why you need them to be *.msh. Is there nothing else that will work for you?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I don't really understand why you need them to be *.msh. Is there nothing else that will work for you?

MSH is Orbiter's native format. I'd need it in this format to use it in the addon, and also to be able to code against it. I'm no modeler, so I am not familiar with the toolsets. I guess I could fiddle around with free GMAX converter or something like Animator, but then again that's not really my project. I just recompiled it and fixed obvious errors.

Anyone up to helping out converting that source formats to MSH?

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Your Orbiter mesh groups, normals, double sided materials, etc, will depend on the exporter used.
I'm only familiar with exporting from Blender, and the results are a bit inconsistent, even using native Blender models.
Starting with .max files will only make it worse.

And that will affect code of course.
Instead of recompiling or minor mesh ground ID changes, you will be dealing with something that has a different structure.

The best route would be to use the same workflow as on the original (same 3D program and same exporter).
Otherwise it's a waste of time because you will get buggy meshes.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
In that download the meshes are .max. Not sure If We need a converter from .max to mesh or another step?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
In that download the meshes are .max. Not sure If We need a converter from .max to mesh or another step?

Well, to be 100% sure we'd need Moach to tell us his toolchain. But I guess it is GMAX or 3dsMax with one of the known converters.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So I have 3dsmax. Not sure which file needs to get converter into msh.
0Ptspwg.jpg
[/IMG]
I open the dg_2a scene and get this error. So I need to figure out to tell it to get these.
tbBMKE5.jpg
[/IMG]

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So I have 3dsmax. Not sure which file needs to get converter into msh.
0Ptspwg.jpg
[/IMG]
I open the dg_2a scene and get this error. So I need to figure out to tell it to get these.
tbBMKE5.jpg
[/IMG]

If I had to bet, I'd do it on G42-200_a5. Not sure why you tried dg_2a first, this suggests some Deltaglider clone, doesn't it?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok I loaded it. Not being able to export into msh.
I used Mindblast export. I think it is in the right folder but it doesn't show up.
nNBFigO.jpg