Poll Game night! (yay?)

What game do you want to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
UPDATE #2: Minecraft wins!!!!

UPDATE #3: There may be a problem. Hamachi only allows for five people to be connected to a network, without the creator (me) shelling out money. So, I may switch to Tunngle, depending on whether or not I can get access to my router. Keep checking back for more updates.

UPDATE #4: Game night is going to be postponed for at least a week. Stay tuned for updates. Sorry guys :(
Alright, so I thought it would be a good idea to host a wee bit of a game night here. Everyone is welcome.

The voting will be open until Sunday Morning at 3:00AM PST (due to an error :shifty:), and the game night will take place next Saturday at 2PM PST. The time is kinda friendly to the European Orbinauts, and is a time when the American Orbinauts have an opportunity to hop on and play.

here are the connection requirements/rules (to reduce confusion, and maximize fun)
1. Please, don't be slower than 90% of the country you are in, constant disconnects and reconnects are kinda disruptive. www.speedtest.net

2. Depending on the game we choose, no teamkilling, no griefing, and no hacking.

3. You will need LogMeIn Hamachi to connect, due to my router's firewall. Network info will be posted later. https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/register.aspx

4. O-F Rules will apply at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.

5. The most important rule: have fun. (If you don't, burly Russians will...convince you to have fun.)

***CONNECTION INFORMATION***
(these are assuming you have all necessary prerequisites *see above #2*)

Minecraft
1) Open Hamachi
2) Click Network
3) Select 'Join an existing network'
4) in Network ID enter MojoeyCraft
5) in password enter mojoey (once complete, you should see my computer 'Patrick-HP' on the list, with a green icon next to it)
6) Open Minecraft
7) Select 'Multiplayer'
8) Select 'Add Server'
9) Fill in the boxes, the IP Address is: 5.217.175.119
10) Connect
11) Have fun! (see rule #5)

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
4. O-F Rules will apply at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.

How would you avoid personal attacks in shooter games? ;)

But seriously it's not the bad idea. I encourage you folks to post your experience/thoughts how it was after the gaming night.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Having minecraft as an option seems a bit pointless, seeing how Hielor has a server running 24/7, unless you are playing creative or with mods.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I run an occasional Quake 2 session when folks on IRC ask for it. I also host it out at EC2 to make it as easy as possible to connect to. If anyone is interesting in joining for an O-F quake 2 fest keep an eye on IRC.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah - quake 2 is the only mp shooter I play. And it's real fun handing rockets to Gary or Woo.

..still be aware of any of them, Xyon and TSPenguin with railgun. :p

Last edited:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Only Shoot 'em Ups? Does no-one play Homeworld, Dangerous Waters, IL2 Sturmovik etc.?

Pablo49

Reaction score
I'd like to see some classic RTS games, actually.

I also own none of those games, minus minecraft.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Given that minecraft is slightly redundant, I choose 1942.
I can't connect to a lot of servers (not sure what I need) but I can at least connect to servers without the security software.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Have you ever played moonbase alpha? It's not exactly hours of fun.
Yeah, after the first few minutes of EBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR it starts to get old. :lol:

I'd love to hop in on a Minecraft or Quake II game any time, but I'm the guy Rule #1 is directed at. Bugger. :(

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yeah - quake 2 is the only mp shooter I play. And it's real fun handing rockets to Gary or Woo.

..still be aware of any of them, Xyon and TSPenguin with railgun. :p

I do love my railgun. But you're lethal with that rocket launcher.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Yeah, after the first few minutes of EBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR it starts to get old. :lol:

I'd love to hop in on a Minecraft or Quake II game any time, but I'm the guy Rule #1 is directed at. Bugger. :(

Oh hush, you can come. You are a staff member, after all :p

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If minecraft is redundant for the list because I'm running a server, then fsx is redundant for the same reason...the FSX server is still up and does get usage sometimes.

Of course, we could always do a session in Microsoft Flight, although that would require us to be friends on XBL. *hides*

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
If minecraft is redundant for the list because I'm running a server, then fsx is redundant for the same reason...the FSX server is still up and does get usage sometimes.

Without personalty reasons to disagreed, I say that you have right. Its better and easy to use both O-F game servers (The official O-F FSX server and the official O-F Minecraft server) then make two new servers.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Does anyone else here play Civilization?