Question GDC Alignment to IMU

DonT155

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been away from Orbiter for awhile since R/L intruded and gave me a wife and two pretty and rapidly growing daughters!! (Best thing that ever happened to me, but little kids can eat into fun time a lot... also changed jobs, etc and etc.)

So I'm now picking up Orbiter 2016 and having a blast with it... anyway enuff about all that, this is my question:

I'm trying to get my head around the version 8 NASSP checklists. It's a big jump from when I last ran this addon...

Anyway reading the FDAI accurately, has been giving me a small headache since I have to be able to read it to set the attitude in this step:

ATT SET tw (3) - set to FDAI att :hmm:

However I think I've finally got it and input the correct values into the ATT SET controls for roll, Pitch, and Yaw. (AT least I hope I'm reading it correctly) but then I hit this next step:

ATT SET tw (3) null FDAI errors :blink:

What am I supposed to do here to null the FDAI errors? I'm thinking maybe I need re-read the FDAI and make fine tune adjustments to the Roll, Pitch, Yaw readings if it drifted since the last entry a few seconds ago?

Maybe I'm too tired. Nassp always has been incredibly complex but I love the details!

Thx for any help!

-Don

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Ya see, I am tired. Put the exact checklist line into google and came up with this:

+++
Gimbal Lock:
Hay fellas,
In the Boost Preparation checklist, the following procedure is listed:
FDAI SEL - 1 1
FDAI SOURCE - ATT SET
ATT SET - IMU
ATT SET tw (3) - null FDAI 1 err
ATT SET - GDC
GDC ALING pb - push
When I get to the "ATT SET tw (3) - null FDAI 1 err" part, what am I supposed to do?

What should I do to null those needles? I tried ATT SET tweakers, but got no response from the 8-ball. Please help.

Tschachim:
You are indeed supposed to use the ASCP to null the FDAI needles: http://nassp.sf.net/wiki/ASCP. If the FDAI doesn't change there's probably something turned off, can you post/attach a scenario (by using the "Attach file" feature of the "Additional Options" of the reply screen of this forum) while you're trying to use the ASCP, then perhaps I can trace down your problem?

+++

So if i had just tried tweaking the ATT Set again, I would've noticed the needles moving on the FDAI. :facepalm:

-Thx