OHM GDI MkI Ore Mill

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: ashaman42

Gryphon Deployable Industries (GDI)

MkI Ground-based Ore Mill.

Programming by Ashaman42

Meshes and Textures by Ashaman42 (Most textures produced using built-in patterns in GIMP2. Ore cargo texture is a reskin of DanSteph's SpaceFuel cargo. Packed boxes A to D are reskins of DanSteph's CargoBaseModule).

Requires GDI Miner MKI.
Requires UCGO/UMMU by DanSteph.

Deployable via Ummu (using U key) from packed configuration.

Unpack Box A using U key. Boxes B to D unpacked via action area by using Return key at control console from Ummu.

Controls: N.B. Numbers refer to keyboard rather than num-pad.

Shft C - Release full ore cargo box from loading position.

4 - Toggles autoprocessing on/off.

7 - Produce a full ore cargo. Works whether autoprocessing enabled or not.

Ore mill automatically consumes rock cargo produced by GDI Miner when autoprocessing is enabled (grapple radius is 10m from centre of ore mill).

Settings: N.B. Settings can be adjusted via scenario file.

OreTankLevel - Amount of rock available in kg, each 2,000kg ore cargo requires 4,000kg of raw rock. The ore mill can hold a maximum of 10,000kg or rock at a time.

Autospawn - 0 = autoprocessing disabled, 1 = autoprocessing enabled. Default is disabled.

Spawntime - Time in seconds between cargo autospawns. Default 300 sec (5 minutes).

Status - indicated the progress of constructing the ore mill. 3 indicates ore mill is ready to function.

DOWNLOAD

triplepogi2009

Reaction score
Cool addon.
Reminds me of Tiberian Sun.
Does it mine Tiberium? (Gives it a Global Defense Initiative logo-and guns)

docabn

Reaction score
Awsome addon...
Just got time to play with it for a few minutes this morning. School is consuming me so not a lot of time.
Can't wait to see what you make in the future. In the mean time I will mine the universe when I can't stand to study anymore.
Thanks.

guitarist473

The UMMU that can play guitar
Reaction score
am i doing something wrong?
i unpack the boxA via ummu and pressing U key, it creates the metallic base for the mill. i walk upto the control panel (i think its that, it says auto processing on it?) and i press return but nothing happens?
great looking add on tho, had a look at it when its all built, looks fantastic!
:thumbup:

Snipa299

Reaction score
haha:lol: that's the only reason why I haven't downloaded it yet, what's the actual use for the ore?

Ashaman42

Reaction score
am i doing something wrong?
i unpack the boxA via ummu and pressing U key, it creates the metallic base for the mill. i walk upto the control panel (i think its that, it says auto processing on it?) and i press return but nothing happens?
great looking add on tho, had a look at it when its all built, looks fantastic!
:thumbup:

Once you've unpacked boxA you need a boxB within grappling range when you activate the control panel for it to unpack the next stage, then repeat for boxC and boxD.

What now. we have our ore what do we do with it?:shrug:

haha:lol: that's the only reason why I haven't downloaded it yet, what's the actual use for the ore?

Well the ultimate plan is for the ore to be used in a smelter to produce a metal cargo which in turn will be used in a shipyard to produce spacecraft.

I've been away from orbiter for a while so haven't got very far on developing either the smelter or the shipyard but am hoping to get started again soon.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea to me, you can't just spawn your Arrow anymore now you gotta work for it.

Darren

Snipa299

Reaction score
Yay! now, I don't have to go to ctrl+f4 every time I want something, now I can just have a base filled with UMMUs and spare ships, muahahaha, now I can dominate the universe realisticly!! :hide: you could also add an extra program to change the needed resources for ships, and for add-ons, you could make it access the folder where all the ship data is held. then you could make flying saucers! I like my ideas!:thumbup:

-EDIT-
...........................................................(kill)
hurry! I wanna dominate NOW! don't hurry, I keel you!

Last edited:

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
That was SOOO my first thought too! :thumbup::lol::cheers:
And my first thought was [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Device_Interface]Graphics Device Interface[/ame].

NTpspE

Reaction score
Love this add-on, it's exactly what I've been looking for!

In case anybody is interested, if you want the mill to produce usable fuel cargo, open up:
~\Orbiter2010\Config\Vessels\UCGO\Cargos\GDI_Ore_Cargo.cfg

and change the Ucdescription to 'Space fuel' (no apostrophes)
Then you just change the texture (if you want) and voila, space fuel production is a go!

Kind Regards,
NT