General Questions About Installations

Jaakko

Reaction score
Can somebody help me about installing orbiter correctly.
What I install next. I have these files:
orbiter060929_base.zip
DeltagliderIV_20070526.exe
OrbiterSound35.exe
PlanetHires060504.zip

:confused:Do I install MDF's or textures? There are many textures in orbiterhangar. They Are: Name and Level(X). X is a different number. What does the level number means?

I have also many Deltaglider skins? Are they all useful?:hmm:
Maybe someone can create manual for installations?

Do I need to install the older Obriter versions first then the newest

What MFD's are good to activate? Can somebody give me advice for this? I have almost all the MFD's downloaded. What I need to install?

Last edited:

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Download orbiter060929_base.zip. Then when it is done extract it to a specified folder. You probably would want to download and install Orbiter sound 3.5 almost the same way you downloaded Orbiter. After that, install DeltagliderIV. The same way you downloaded Orbiter sound. All you do for the planet textures is download it and extract to your Orbiter folder. It is that simple.

The higher the number is when you download a texture, the better it will look when you are playing. 10 is the highest. The Deltaglider skins are for visuals. If you like them, go ahead and download some. MFD's are multi-functional displays. It shows infomation. You should read the read mes for every download and they will explain what it does.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
I can recommend taking a look at the Recommended Addons page of this forum.

The level merely specifies the resolution of the texture. Not the quality. So there are many level 10 earth textures with varying quality.

ripley1

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Also make sure that all the downloads you're going to download are designed for the 060926 version.
Some of the older versions of addons won't work with the latest Orbiter.
You have included hires 060504.zip in your list,so make sure it is compatible,before you install it.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, all the 060504.zip files work for the 2006 version of Orbiter.