great site for add-on inspirations

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I stumbled over this a week ago, shortly before leaving for hollydays. It's probably the most extensive site on spaceship-design and SF-compared-to-reality I ever encountered, allthough the author is not a scientist. No matter if you just want to get some facts and ideas together to make a new ship or create a complete Sci-Fi-scenario, this site won't let you down!

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/index.html

-Edit: sorry, I meant "site", not side... :?

Marcel

Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this! I actually had the Leif Erickson model kit as a child. That really brought back some memories! I had no idea that it had such an interesting history. I've got a lot of reading to do here. I may build myself a spaceship yet!

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It brought back memories of [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Star-Trek-Lawrence-Krauss/dp/B000GG4ZEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1208490872&sr=1-1"]Physics of Star Trek[/ame] that I read many years ago.

Ursus

Rocket Tinker
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Good work, Jedidia. I believe the Atomic Rockets site is already a pretty popular site among Orbiter users, and especially developers. Obviously, not everyone was aware of it, however. Now more people are.

tomek

legal alien
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
I think I even saw Winchell himself on M6 board.

What's more, the entire projectrho.com site is his. Might want to check it out whole ;)

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Great post ! I had this link bookmarked at one time then my system crashed and I lost all my links I didn't have written down. Thanks for reminding me !