Greetings from the west of England!

LunaSeventyThree

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

My names Johnny and I live in Hereford, UK with my girlfriend and two little boys, the eldest of which is heavily into space and rockets. I too have been interested in all things space related since I was his age. Was born a few years too late to see the moon landings, but STS-1 was one of the highlights of my childhood (and the Shuttle's retirement one of the saddest moments of my adulthood :()

I downloaded Orbiter about 3 years ago and messed around with it for a while, but other things at the time got in the way and I never really got passed getting the shuttle into a basic orbit. Also the PC I had at the time wasn't really up to the job!

A couple of weeks ago, after much nagging from the boy, I downloaded it again and, with the help of some excellent Youtube tutorials, I successfully docked Atlantis with the ISS. Now I'm hooked! (and have a top spec PC to play it on :))

I've now completed the first two missions on ISS v3.2 - launching Zarya into orbit and attaching Unity. Now I'm attempting mission three which is the ISS supply mission on STS-96. I've docked at Unity with no issues, but rather than just leaving it at that I decided to attempt the EVA missions.

If anybody is familiar with the operation of the EMU/APFR and shuttlebay I could really use some help, as I've hit a snag with attaching the OTD. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Looking forward to being part of a great community!

Cheers for now

LunaSeventyThree

MikeB

Reaction score
Welcome, Johnny. And here's a plug for one of the best introductory resources: Go Play In Space is a set of adventures with Orbiter, taking you from basic maneuvering to planning and executing interplanetary journeys. You can see it (and a lot of other useful information) at OrbiterWiki: http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Go_Play_In_Space

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

alecislaghi

Reaction score
Hello Johnny!

In order to attach the OTD to the Unity module you need to place it right in front of the grappling point, then switch view (vessel) to the ISS and press Ctrl+A ... that will activate the attachment manager, then you cycle through the options, using "D" and when the OTD comes up (watch the left bottom of the screen) you finally press "Q"... so the ISS will grapple the OTD!

I hope this helped you and others that were trying the same thing!..

NOW, go play in space!!! :thumbup: