Question Guidance MFD still exists?

Don Stevo

Reaction score
Hi there,

It had been a long time since I tried fiddling with Orbiter again, but now with Frank De Winne back in space (I've met him once in a school for an interview, and he's a fellow countryman) I wanted to try some things again.

I think it has been about 4 - 5 years ago.

I have troubles getting the correct azimuth to launch the soyuz (Soyuz TMA add-on coupled with the Baikonur launch pad add-on), and i nearly have to burn 66% of my fuel to re-align the orbital planes with the one of the ISS - although the orbits are just about 1.3° misaligned.
Of course, with the DG... this isn't any problem because of the power and fuel reserves it has.
But with the Soyuz, it all has to be precise.

I don't even have the chance to do the necessary burn(s) to get able to sync orbits with the MFD or arrive at the same spot at the same time after a few orbits (with the Sync MFD).

I remember there used to be a Guidance MFD, to be used with a past Soyuz add-on, and the STS add-on (later replaces by a GPCMFD-kind of thing).

Does the Guidance MFD still exist for the current Soyuz TMA? Or are there other/better/easier ways of getting to the ISS in a semi-automatical way?

Kind regards,
Don Stevo

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I think the Soyuz Guidance is still active.

kklim

Reaction score
I'm still using the Soyuz guidance MFD, and it works very well for me...

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2802"]Launch MFD[/ame] is new since you have been gone.

clive bradbury

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
A rendezvous can be made fairly easily using this technique:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3070"]Soyuz to ISS Tutorial[/ame]