MMU MFD

OHM MMU MFD 4

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
nbcfrosty submitted a new addon:

MMU MFD - Extends dgatsoulis's MMU's to all vessels with full ingress/egress

MMU MFD is a wrapper for the CrewMFD MMU vessel classes released by dgatsoulis as part of his Arrow Freighter rework.
This addon adds a simple crew to any vessel with a docking port. Ingress into any vessel is supported by control+shift+e
when near an unoccupied docking port.

You NEED the Arrow Freighter 2016 for this addon to work. Get it here:

Extract...

Read more about this addon...

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Fixed an unfortunate CTD. I have changed the keyboard combo for grappling+unpacking to CONTROL+SHIFT+ g/u to be consistent with ingress keyboard shortcut. Plus this allows flying with the turbo pack while grappling stuff :p

1692259740546.png

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
This is fantastic! I'd love to see the source code for the MFD, as I think it would be a great teaching tool for those (including myself) that still don't know how to code one. If you'd be so kind as to release it, it would be great. But even if you don't - which is absolutely your right to do so- thanks for putting this together.

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
This is fantastic! I'd love to see the source code for the MFD, as I think it would be a great teaching tool for those (including myself) that still don't know how to code one. If you'd be so kind as to release it, it would be great. But even if you don't - which is absolutely your right to do so- thanks for putting this together.
Thank you for making such awesome MMU's! I planned on releasing the source after some clean ups, but here it is attached. I wanted to integrate this with your crews lua script so that your script could do crew management for XR2. But I couldn't figure out an easy way to call the lua script automatically from the MFD, and I eventually gave up. So at the moment I believe you can use this MFD or the crews lua script to manage XR2 crew.

Attachments

• mmumfd.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 7

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Maybe users error.
But is there a way to get more than the xr2 crew?
Also it seems that at the poles the guys don't move straight?

If the heading is not 0 then when you move forward you are moving at an angle?
This might be a XR2 MMU issue. In the image the guy should be walking straight but he goes by the arrow path

Bishop:CrewMFD\Bishop STATUS Landed Moon POS -0.0421393 -85.9736779 HEADING 53.36 ALT 1.485 AROT 2.991 -36.577 174.984 RCSMODE 0 AFCMODE 7 PRPLEVEL 0:1.000000 NAVFREQ 0 0 OXY 1 0.0000 HLM 0 0.0000 END

Attachments

• mmueva.jpg
    mmueva.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 13
  • mmueva1.jpg
    mmueva1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
I think you can add new mmu guys, just copy one of the configs included in dgatsoulis’s arrow freighter pack.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think you can add new mmu guys, just copy one of the configs included in dgatsoulis’s arrow freighter pack.
I will take a look. It would be nice to add other MMU. We got the pole movement fixed

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Success.
I made a cfg for the advanced apollo guy:
ClassName=advanceapollo Module=XEMUSOLIDRED Empty_Mass = 82 ;[kg] empty mass (almost unused) ;;Mesh = CrewMFD/EVA/Bishop ; meshname ;;VCMesh = CrewMFD/EVA/male_vc ; vcmeshname ;;Cockpit_pos = 0.0 1.8 0.15 ; [m m m] Position of the cockpit camera ;;Max_Speed = 10 ; [km/h] Max Speed ;;Reverse_Max_Speed = 10 ; [km/h] Max Speed in Reverse ;;Front_Lights_Pos = 0 0.25 0.15 ;;Towing_Attachment_Pos = 0 -0.2959 -0.25375 MaxAttitudeThrust = 30 Is_Android = true ; === Docking ports === BEGIN_DOCKLIST 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 END_DOCKLIST
And it made the guy. But I wonder how to get him back in?

Attachments

• ummumfdcrew1.jpg
    ummumfdcrew1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 3

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
You should be able to do CONTROL + SHIFT + E when near a ship's docking port to ingress.

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Also you need to use GV_mmu module:
Code:
ClassName=Amy_Farrah_Fowler
Module=GV_mmu
Empty_Mass = 63         ;[kg] empty mass (almost unused)
Mesh = CrewMFD/EVA/Amy_Farrah_Fowler    ; meshname
VCMesh = CrewMFD/EVA/female_vc ; vcmeshname
Cockpit_pos = 0 1.616721 0.1093469  ; [m m m] Position of the cockpit camera
Max_Speed = 10              ; [km/h] Max Speed
Reverse_Max_Speed = 10      ; [km/h] Max Speed in Reverse
Front_Lights_Pos = 0 0.25 0.15
Towing_Attachment_Pos = 0 -0.43 -0.315
MaxAttitudeThrust = 30
Is_Female = true
; === Docking ports ===
BEGIN_DOCKLIST
 0 0 0  0 0 1  0 1 0
END_DOCKLIST

You can modify the mesh, vc mesh, is_female etc but you have to use the right module to be able to ingress.

Code:
ClassName=advanceapollo
Module=XEMUSOLIDRED

This will not work, you will not be able to ingress back in.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. But the guys walk strange due to being at the poles. We have mentioned that GV does the same. I wonder if I could code mine to reenter?

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Can you add the new mmu as crew and do the egress fine? In theory I should be able to extend the MFD to accept your mmu for ingress.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you add the new mmu as crew and do the egress fine? In theory I should be able to extend the MFD to accept your mmu for ingress.
Yes. I add the cfg to CREWMFD and the guy exited the ship fine. If I remember you have to a dock at where you want they to exit. I would think the MMU guy needs to be coded to enter. I will see if I can find the GV_MMU code

Last edited:

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
I don't know if GV_MMU code is available. But we don't need it. MMU MFD already implements ingress with CONTROL + SHIFT + C, but it currently does so only for GV_MMU. I could extend MMU MFD code to implement ingress for other MMU classes as well, and not just GV_MMU.

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Turns out no need to extend the code. Just place the vessel cfg file in Config/Vessels/CrewMFD and it'll be treated like an mmu even if the module is not GV_mmu.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I like this. CONTROL +SHIFT+E gets the guy back in.
So now with a docking port people can exit and enter mmu and mmu vessel easily:)

It doesn't do all the UMMU did but it does get the guys in/out. Not sure if there is a way to mark the docks visually. So you can see where you got to be near the dock or can the guy be anywhere and you press CTRL SHIFT E? By the way CONTROL SHIFT C give d3d9 specs

On the Ingress. Do you focus on the eva guy and press CTRL shift E and do you have to be near a dock?

Last edited:

nbcfrosty

Reaction score
Yes to ingress you must be close to a free unoccupied dock. If it’s occupied you will not be able to ingress. I think I can put a little visual indicator of the distance to nearest dock.