Spacecraft Arrow Freighter for Orbiter2016. Merry Christmas!

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Hi, first off Dmitri, thank you so much for giving us a 2016 Arrow! I was hoping this would happen and I am loving it so far, but do have one question.

I've just read through this whole thread and didn't see any reference to this, so if I missed it, forgive me. I just tried to use the Autoland feature in the Arrow, attempting to land on DanSteph's OrcusPatera add-on. I believe I did everything right, but nothing happened. I believe I have the add-on installed correctly, I see the config files in /Config/Mars/Base and the VOR for the pad frequency lit up when I got within 1,500km.

I used BaseSyncMFD to get myself lined up with the base. When I was on the opposite side of Mars from the base, I lowered my PeA to 15k (in the documentation, it says to engage Autoland between 10k and 25k altitude and within 1,000km of the base, which is what I did). I tuned my NAV frequency to 127.8 which is supposed to be the VOR for PAD1 on OrcusPatera and it has a 1,500km range. I was level with the horizon and was about 650km distance and at about 20-22km altitude when I clicked the Autoland button. The center display panel lit up and showed that Autoland was active. It also showed my vertical speed, which at that point was about -30 m/s. But nothing happened. I flew directly over the base and no engines engaged to slow me/drop me down to the pad.

So either I did something stupid or this doesn't work on Orbiter 2016 (or both maybe lol)? Anyone know what I did wrong or what the issue is?

EDIT: I might have just answered my own question. I just saw a video you did where you land the Arrow at New Rome and you're using PursuitMFD and something called Base Land Autopilot which I've never used before, so I'm guessing Autoland is not implemented in the actual Arrow yet then?
Sorry for the late reply, I 've been swamped with work related issues.
The autoland feature doesn't work the way it used to in the original Arrow. It's more of a "soft vertical landing autopilot", so it only manages the vertical velocity using the hover thrusters. Where you land is up to you. I highly recommend PursuitMFD or Topper's BaseLand AP for automated landings.

Dimitris

drgullen

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Dimitris. Unfortunately, the current version of Base Land MFD doesn't work, it doesn't show up in the Arrow after you add it as a Module in the Launchpad. I will try it though once that issue is resolved. Another one I've used in the past is HoverMFD, so I'll try that one too.

Cheers,
Glen

drgullen

Reaction score
I tried HoverMFD today with the Arrow. It worked beautifully with a nice soft landing on the pad. It is a little confusing to figure out at first as you have to hit the ENG button to enable the different options. I wasn't clicking that at first because I thought it was related to choosing which engine I wanted but as it turns out, it means engage not engine lol. RFTM Glen!

The author has a nice little step-by-step checklist to get you from De-orbit all the way to the pad and once you get the hang of it, HoverMFD works brilliantly.

Cougar

Reaction score
There is no download link for the Arrow in Post #40, just the link to download Patch #1.

Cougar

Reaction score
Oh, what a shame!
Found it - like you said the link to download the new Arrow is just above the patch download.
I'm so sorry!
Those who can read have a clear advantage.

Best regards

CptnW

Reaction score
Orbiter 2016 is back on my playlist now this glorious vessel is back ingame!! Thank you for your efforts to bring this to us. Greatly appreciated.
Im having a small problem, Ive installed as instructed on a clean install. When landed and I send a crew member out for a walk, 9 times out of 10 when I try and walk I go into a crazy spin and launch into space. On one occasion when my man got into the rover and I tried to drive same thing happened. Anyone else experiencing this?
Other than that all is working perfectly.
Thanks again

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Orbiter 2016 is back on my playlist now this glorious vessel is back ingame!! Thank you for your efforts to bring this to us. Greatly appreciated.
Im having a small problem, Ive installed as instructed on a clean install. When landed and I send a crew member out for a walk, 9 times out of 10 when I try and walk I go into a crazy spin and launch into space. On one occasion when my man got into the rover and I tried to drive same thing happened. Anyone else experiencing this?
Other than that all is working perfectly.
Thanks again
Try letting the mmu (or the rover) to "settle" for a few seconds before starting to walk (it needs to go into "landed" state).

CptnW

Reaction score
Try letting the mmu (or the rover) to "settle" for a few seconds before starting to walk (it needs to go into "landed" state).
Thank you for the advice. That did the trick! Off for a walk ;)

Frozenhand

Reaction score
I'm about 7 months late for this, but WOW. Fun scenario, thx Dmitri. Took the XR2 to dock with the Arrow, but I have a question. I've noticed that the only available docks are docks 1, 2, and 3. I wanted to dock into the bay, but I can't find the transponder for it and it doesn't show up in the information document about the Arrow.

EDIT: Update. It's dock 1. Dock 2 is on top-front of vessel and dock 3 is top-rear.

Last edited:

EstebanDF

Reaction score
Hello Dimitris, Great vessel, quick question, how can I create (if possible) custom skins ?

Thanks a lot

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Dimitris, Great vessel, quick question, how can I create (if possible) custom skins ?

Thanks a lot
Every skin that works for the 2010 version of the Arrow should also work on this version too. You can change the skin during the simulation, by pressing the "change skin" button located in the lower left section of the right panel.
To learn how to create your own skin, check DanSteph's documentation file (Documentation.html) located in the Doc\UniversalCarsAndCargos folder. (When you open it, click on the "Developer documentation" link -> Arrow Freighter SDK ->Skin the Arrow Freighter ).
I highly recommend to look at the examples that come with the Arrow, (located in the Textures2\UCGOArrow\Skins folder). Also take a look at Arrow Reskins from Milouse at Pappy's Hangar for some cool new textures.

Frost

Reaction score
I'm still getting the CTDT bug even after installing per dgatsoulis's directions both with and without the Xr ship, sound and bridge. I've even updated my DirectX runtime. Could I be missing any other components such as .Net or C++?

Last edited:

ovrocm

Reaction score
It’s been a long time, but now I’m trying to get back to Orbiter.

I have a clean installation of Orbiter 2016 on top of what I have installed the Arrow Freighter, according to instructions in the forum, but every time I try to run a mission I get a CTD.

Looking at the Orbiter log file, I’m confronted with the following error messages:

D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x1880A960 = 'UCGO Base Europa' not cataloged

D3D9: ERROR: Base Object 0x3587BE0 = 'Northern Vesta Base' not cataloged

I’m a little bit lost, don’t know if it is a fixable bug or if it is some kind of incompatibility with Orbiter 2016.

Please be kind with an old retired man, whose last code lines were written in FORTRAN IV over perforated cards

Thanks a lot

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Can you post the entire log? I get those but it does not stop the program