OHM Gunship Script MFD V0.37

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: beep

Now you can have a little air gunning strafing, barrage and turret target practice.

Some ready to run DG and Shuttle PB scenarios are provided.

You should have the Bombsight MFD to have the  fictional target range base near Edwards and some other material.

Get it at:

http: //www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6492

It's strongly suggested that you use the Makeshift Targets that are specially developed for these addons.

Get it at:

http s://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6793

IMPOR TANT :  it's up to the user  to provide suitable attachment points in the vessels and attach unpacked loads to the vessels. Some orientation is provided in the documentation.

Be sure to read all the instructions in the documentation file. This is a script MFD and some special procedures apply.

v0.30 Revised for issues with multiple meshes and animation in D3D9 Graphics Client soIF YOU USE D3D9 GRAPHICS CLIENT CHECK FOR SPECIAL CONFIGURATION INSTRUCTIONS; New meshes for existing guns; New turrets; Static weapons are animated when firing in standing alone on cart mode; Doubled the ammo for each burst; Each gun may have its own  muzzle velocity now.

v0.33 Added BombsightMFD view location coord files for the turrets to avoid bad offsets and crashes when using Gunship and Bombsight MFD together; Added a new turret to prepare for the incoming Ticonderoga destroyer; Improved flashes when firing which alternates for the twin turrets; Included and improved OrbiterSound  config and wave files; general debugging; Added a Shuttle PB attack scenario

v 0.34 A very important correction in victimization routine; Some files that do not belong to the package were incorrectly included in last package ( and taken away from this one) , so if you find <orbiter root>\config\vessels\LW_TopTurret_U.cfg0;;or <orbiter root>\Sound\_CustomVesselsSounds\Mk54\Cópia de Mk54_Fire_ORG.wav please delete them.

v0.35 A more perfect implementation for the victimization correction made in last version.

v0.36 Restored non mesh deleting when hit for flying ("dogfight") targets.

v0.37 Solved a remaining issue related to ground targets. Both air and ground targets should react fine to hitting now.

DOWNLOAD

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Feedback! Feedback!!!!

Dearest Interceptor,

I'm the one to thank you for being , again, the one that gives me some much necessary and rarely offered (to say the least-see what's happening to Bombsight MFD thread :() feedback.

I'm not trying to abuse of your good will, but I would appreciate if you could tell me whether you could bring down the other DG in the air-to-air scenarios, get the Shuttle-A in the strafing and gunship scenarios and any observations you feel like doing or any suggestions.

For example, yesterday I had to turn around and retry lots of times to get both the Shuttle A from the turrets ( I´m firing one while the other 'cools' and using CTRL-F3 to change fast) and the three UCGO trucks from the strafing scenario. It´s not that easy but I think that this makes for the funny part, the sensation of accomplishment when you succeed. The question is that I don't know how many people share this opinion with me and how many, silently, discard my work as a piece of junk.

Best Regards,

Beep

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
NO problem,I use your refuel mfd all the time,But I will work with your Bombsight mfd,and the Gunship script mfd,and see how I do with it,anyway your work here is much appreciated by me,and I always look foward to something new,and out of the box,very cool stuff.:cheers:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To the (single) one that gave the 'Terrible!" note in OH:

If you bother to inform what happened that made your experience with this early prototype of an addon a so bad one I can try to correct, improve, make it better.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Beep

Last edited:

Raven

Reaction score
Hi Beep. I've been having a lot of fun with your Gunship and Bombsight MFDs and have completed most of the practice scenarios. Just a few suggestions: If possible, could you try making Gunship MFD a bit more user-friendly? Maybe a loading method similar to Bombsight's pylons and an unpackable UCGO cargo to spawn five shells at once would make it easier to use. Have a look at the '5x lights' cargo for an example of spawning multiple objects with a single box. Would it be possible to delete the targets after a successful hit? Thanks and keep up the good work! Orbiter is all about peaceful space exploration, as well it should be, but it's still fun to blow up (virtual) stuff occasionally!

Last edited:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Someone ( besides me) really did it!!!!

Raven,

I cannot state how much I appreciated your message and comments.

The suggestions you gave are a very necessary part of this initiative. It prevents it from becoming an autistic delusion from the subjective domain of one isolated individual. Therefore, I thank you very much for your collaboration in these projects.

Let's discuss your suggestions one by one:

Loading Method: OK! You mean for the guns or the ammo? Well, I'll try to make both. Attaching guns for the gunner ( Pilot Gunner mode - focus in a not gun vessel but with gun rack attachments ) and attaching ammo for the gun ( gun turret mode- focus in gun)

UCGO boxed Shells : OK! Shells are not visible untill fired so I must deal with it;Probably I can have a suitable mesh.

Deleting Targets after a sucessful hit: Unfortunately, not possible with scripts.

I agree with you. The idea of these military MFD's and associated vessels came when I changed my video board and my Falcon 4 stopped working (at least in D3D mode) and I decided that Orbiter should be the only simulator I would need to all airspace simulation needs included the ones related to military piloting procedures practicing.

Simple as that. I don't really want to 'blow' anything either but, as a flight simulator enthusiast I want to deal with every aspects and skills of the aerial and space piloting trade. And I want Orbiter to be the only thing I need to do it all.

And you are helping me to, within my limited resources, achieve that.

Thank you!

Beep

Last edited:

Napes Weaver

Spaced Agency
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Haya Beep!
Thank you thank you. I am loving this. One quick question: Is there anyway to exclude certain vessels from the effects of being hit? I am still a big fan of the Orulex terrain generator but it works by creating a vessel 'ThePlanet:DynamicPlanet' and 'ThePlanet' doesn't like to be hit with your shells (C.T.D.). Works great for me otherwise :)
Thanks again!

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dear Napes Weaver

Sorry if it took me too long to answer you. The reason is because I do not nourish much hope on getting feedbacks anymore and do not look often . So your message is both a surprise and a joy.

I think it would be easy to exclude the "dynamic planet" class from the victimization detection. The only problem is that it must be done on every ammo in Gunship MFD (fictional 37mm so far) and every load in Bombsight MFD ( which you have tried , don't you ? I'd like to know your impressions for it too).

Whatever rare may be this situation ( I also use Orulex and never exploded it ) it may be considered a bug and it's easily corrected.

Therefore your useful betatesting report was very appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Beep

Napes Weaver

Spaced Agency
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey Beep,
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, especially since it turns out that I am an idiot :)

Orulex is not my problem, I disabled all addons and I still get a C.T.D. when shells hit the ground.

I never did try out your Bombsight MFD - perhaps I am needing that.

I'll try out Bombsight MFD tonight and get back to you.

Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase. I really do love this addon :thumbup:

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dear Napes

Nice self depreciation try but the fundamental logic law of 'no contradictions allowed ' says that since you are here in Orbiter you are NOT an Idiot. Euclidian CQD.

As a matter of fact your remark IS relevant. I don't know what may happen if someone tries to victimize 'dynamic planet'. And Ill make the change for the next versions. I'm just thinking whether I am going to exclude 'dynamic planet' only or create an user exclusion list.

NOW im chasing this greased rocket goose because I want to know what is happening... However I have a good guess.

YOU NEED TO HAVE BOMBSIGHT MFD INSTALLED TO RUN GUNSHIP MFD. (See above). Did you?. One of the reasons is that the texture and the mesh for the explosion 'fireball' are in that package and their absence will probably cause a crash when shells explode.

Please keep me informed so that I can make the addon better. I have a real interest in your (in fact our) problem.

Best,

Beep

Napes Weaver

Spaced Agency
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Problem Solved

Well, good sir beep,

As you suggested, installation of the BombsightMFD fixed my issue of crashing to the desktop while Orulex is running :cheers:

I went ahead and downloaded Makeshift Targets as well so I have a little simulating to do :tiphat:

I'll keep you posted if I have any issues or any more non-issues :lol:

Thanks again!!

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Napes,

Thanks a lot for your interest in my addons.

If you need any help on creating pylons or gun attachments for any particular Orbiter plane that you'd like to use in your simulations please count on me.

Rgds,

Beep

CptnW

Reaction score
Greetings Beep,

Absolutely loving your addons! Adds completely new challenges to Orbiter.
I actually use your addon with orbiter 2016 beta r55. Pretty much works ok. Can't seem to load payloads manually but most of your scenarios work well.
Just tried your makeshift targets, unfortunately orientation is all wrong and they are all half buried in the ground. Might be something to do with touchdown points being different in beta?
Whats next on your lovely addon list? AA missiles maybe?
Thanks for all your amazing work and keep it up!!

BEEP

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice and much needed encouraging and motivating words. Please forgive me for the delay in answering. I'm working in the Beta versions for these Script Addons. Some adaptations were easy, some are being hell. I haven't looked at Makeshift targets or Gunship at this point but I've already uploaded a Controller MFD for the beta along with the 2010 one and had some progress for Air to Air Refuelling and Bombsight MFD ( seeing the AGM-109 negotiating with the terrain is awesome ). However I think I must wait untill the release and there is still a lot to do. But I long to have all the package working for the new version. So really not AA for this moment but I'm thinking about some Makeshift targets acting as "defenders" with no missile shooting but a proximity and altitude related probability function to "hit" the invader if he/she is careless and the possibility to "jam" it with that ECM MFD button.

Untill then try an attachment tool like attachment manager to attach loads.