Project HDU-DSH & Z2 UACS - Major Tom at Solace Base

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Does anyone know why Base object Beacon Array doesn't work on Mars? Works fine on Earth.
It works for me on Mars. I just tried it in Orbiter 2016. Just added to my Olympus.cfg:

Code:
BEACONARRAY
    END1 -169.828 0 141.856
    END2 283.047 0 140.524
    COUNT 10
    SIZE 1
    COL 0 0 1
END

1.png

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Thanks misha.physics for checking, I tried Olympus but still nothing, so must be my install, thought it might be my altered Mars.cfg., reinstalled the default but no, noticed I don't have the latest d3d9 client so I upgraded, but still no, so I tried the Moon and that doesn't work either, Earth works fine?

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It looks strange.
You may check your D3D9Client settings.

And the code above must be putted inside:
Code:
BEGIN_OBJECTLIST
END_OBJECTLIST

barrygolden

Reaction score
On your EVA guy do you have others in the same suit with the defferent red stripes on then and a helmet light ?

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
@misha.physics : Been modding Orbiter for over ten years, some setting somewhere, d3d9 settings should be "global " I think?

@barrygolden : There was only one, could probably make the others though. They have a light, but no light source, thats a UACS problem.

Last edited:

misha.physics

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Been modding Orbiter for over ten years, some setting somewhere, d3d9 settings should be "global " I think?
I thought about some D3D9 settings for lighting, but now I really doubt that it affects your Beacon Array visibility. Although that's my:

Без імені.png

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Your settings are a little higher than mine:)
The only diff. was Preload, but no joy, as said on Earth all ok (even tried Europa, but no luck), but I'm stumped what causes it (all relevant .cfgs default), but, for one, I've found no base that uses beacons except on Earth, and also, they are only visible at night ( which I initially thought might be the problem, planet radius occlusion), and I don't need that for this add-on, so I might just forget about it for a while:)

barrygolden

Reaction score
Might need to make a white light as well to use on the Moon for sampling
where do you find this beacon

Attachments

• light sticks 1.png
    light sticks 1.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 6

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
where do you find this beacon
Made it. It flashes.

Might need to make a white light as well to use on the Moon for sampling
I'm redoing the UACS lights (going for iconic 2001 look), but the code needs changing- they'e currently 7m tall!. Those ones are cute- would be a great lamp2 for UACS.

You mentioned previously about suit variations, do have info, images?

Also I guess your the right one to ask, you have any idea what would deliver the HAB to the surface, and what a resupply mission would look like?- It's getting kinda lonely out here!

barrygolden

Reaction score
Any update to other EVA guys maybe with stipes on their suits ?

I tried to call up this hab with scn ed but it is invisable, any ideas about that ?

Last edited:

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Any update to other EVA guys maybe with stipes on their suits ?

I tried to call up this hab with scn ed but it is invisable, any ideas about that ?
The hab is a base and so fixed in position (not placeable with scn ed.) The extras are VB and UACS and are placed accurately in the scn file (this probably is what your calling up with the scn ed.) If installed correctly the provided scn file should (if I have done everything correctly!) look like the pics above (beacon is not yet added). Unfortunately I've had very little feedback (so your beta testing!) and I'm expecting some problems, atleast with elevation.
Did you install the whole package as well as the prerequisites, and used the scn file? I would be very interested to hear what you/others are getting your end so I can improve and release it.
Note : if there are any elevation problems the included Mars.cfg (backup & overwrite) should solve it.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the suits, he would like rather than a solid red ring. And broke red and a candy stripe

Attachments

• suitcolors.jpg
    suitcolors.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Changing the ring colour is no problem, if I have good images of patches I can change them too.
(you mean a red/white dashed line instead of just red?)

barrygolden

Reaction score
new men with the differrent stripes. Even the red strippe suit needs to be bigger and one suit with no stripe. Gattis did a Quest Airlock with some really good EVA guys can you add his movement to your guys

Attachments

• artemis5badge.jpg
    artemis5badge.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On my guys there have moveable joints. But they can be a pain. What we need is a kinetic guy. so we just move the hand and the arm moves. like the RMS. Same thing for the legs.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
add his movement to your guys
The msh came with seperate parts, so no problem (no knee or elbow- but with the restrictions of a spacesuit probably not an issue). I was thinking more of basic movement, walk, grab, etc...

men with the differrent stripes
Nice patch, How many landing crew are on the Artemis- how many stripes? When I have the details I can make a set. The stripes are also visible in the VC- nice, but they need to be matched up. So I'm waiting for a go-ahead (UACS) before going further.

barrygolden

Reaction score
As of now no real info on a cargo lander most likely the Blue Moon on a New Glenn rocket. NASA did give Dynetics a contract to look at Alpaca for cargo. It would have smaller fuel tanks sence it would not be reused so a longer cargo area for a hab or the SEV
Made it. It flashes.

I'm redoing the UACS lights (going for iconic 2001 look), but the code needs changing- they'e currently 7m tall!. Those ones are cute- would be a great lamp2 for UACS.

Also I guess your the right one to ask, you have any idea what would deliver the HAB to the surface, and what a resupply mission would look like?- It's getting kinda lonely out here!
thank gattis for the patch . Over the years gattis and 4th rock have made patches for me and they really do enhance my orbiter experence

Attachments

• cargo lander 2.jpg
    cargo lander 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 4

barrygolden

Reaction score
Been trying to find a lander to land the base with one flight but no luck so far.. I know the top of the hab would translate up but no way to land the other two parts to fit into a lander yet. Maybe an Altair lander would work with the Airlock and green house folded up . the green house would need a round hatch so the SEV could dock to it