hello all my name is wayne and i am new to orbiter.

wtsb9872

Reaction score
looking for someone who may have time to get an old guy off and exploring our solar system. i have been a long time fan of space exploration and would like to give it a shot myself. i am now disabled and have alot of time on my hands and want to learn the ins and outs of orbiter with a guide. i use windows live and can chat and would like to find someone who would be willing to teach me the ropes...
thanks all

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

I'll say one thing - even here, leaving an email address in plain sight is a very good way to find yourself spammed. Forum is accessible to bots which would do that, at least.

My guidance to yourself would be to head on over to the Tutorials section here on O-F and check out "Go Play In Space". It's probably better than having a guide, because you can learn at your own pace, and it really was written with the newbie in mind. While most of it was written for 2006-P1 version, it's still valid for 2010-P1.

Good luck, and safe landings.

Tommy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I wish I could give you the help you're looking for, I'm over-committed as is. Learning Orbital Mechanics takes time, and I'm only available sporadically.

What I can offer is tips along the way. Learning Orbiter will require adjusting your view of "common sense" when it comes to physics. Start with a good tutorial, like "Go Play in Space". This is the one that most of us learned from. Read through the whole thing at least once, and expect most of it to be over your head. Then, as you follow indiviual sections in detail, and actually play Orbiter, you'll experience a series of "Ah-Ha" moments where the bits and pieces start to come together.

There are many people here who will be happy to help, but how much we can help depends on you. The more specific and detailed a question is, the more we can help. Make use of the forum search function, chances are you'll find an answer already exists. Xyon put together a good article on asking for help:

http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17071

Persistence Pays. You will fail. A lot. Then you will succeed at something, and feel elated. Then, if you are like me, you will fail utterly when you try to repeat it. Eventually, it sinks in.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As said already "Go play in space" is probably your best bet at learning, I'm still reading it coz I haven't been bothered to play through all the scenarios. :lol: But I have fun all the same. ;)

Darren

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'll echo what the guys have said so far about "Go Play In space". Good to see another fellow from Tennessee around (Chattanooga area myself).