Hello from Russia!

Tarantul

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm old (maybe even ancient :) ) Orbiter fan, but only now, since we have an amazing new version of Orbiter, and once again many beautiful mods is yet to be done, I decided that it is time for me to became the part of community, to make feedback, suggestions, discussions and other (un)necessary help :)

And as a first thing, I'm making now simple video tutorial for much-critisized (and unfairy critisized, I think) stock Atlantis on it's way to KSC-ISS-KSC boring route :)

Thanks to Martin and all the mod developers for such a wonderful space (true space!) experience.
Godspeed everyone and cheers from Russia!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

Tarantul

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks you guys! :)

Zdravstvuyte!

I'd love to see the video! I don't think I've actually ever watched someone do it before...

I hope I'll upload it in next two days, I will create a thread in Tutorial sub-forum then.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I think Orbiter needs more videos like this one, i.e. with default ships, or even more recorded flights/playbacks, like the "DG to the Moon" annotated flight.
People must see what Orbiter can do "out of the box", before going hunting for more addons.

Last edited:

bisbeejim

Reaction score
To Russia, the greatest rocket engine makers on Earth, decades ahead of their time.

Tarantul

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I think Orbiter needs more videos like this one, i.e. with default ships, or even more recorded flights/playbacks, like the "DG to the Moon" annotated flight.
People must see what Orbiter can do "out of the box", before going hunting for more addons.

Totally agree! And if stock DG is still popular enough, stock Shuttle-A is too specific enough and Dragon is too buggy enough :) then stock Atlantis is just unfairy blaimed. Some peoples just gave it one try, going totally wrong, write about it on forums, and others just read them and thinks "ok, I'll skip it, it's weird". Of course SSU and Shuttle Fleet is a great addons, but it doesn't make Atlantis wingless bird) Anyway, here we are: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37887

To Russia, the greatest rocket engine makers on Earth, decades ahead of their time.

It was a damn good relay race - from First in space to First on Moon :cheers:

Thanks to all for warm words, guys!

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
May I ask a stupid question?

Why are there so many Russians here that speak excellent English? Is it common in Russia to speak English? Did you study the language for long? Not even Sergey Lavrov speaks English so well.

I get to some extent that only those that speak English will join an English-language forum, but I just find it a little weird that the level is so high for so many.

I mean, an English language tutorial, for crying out loud! :blink:

Last edited:

Tarantul

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well, we learn English language in school for a few years (at age from 10 to 16), and so it was from Soviet times (sometimes it was French or German instead of English, but it's a rare cases), so yes, usually we have a good base knowledge. And in modern world English is an international language no matter in what country you live in, so it's unavoidable if you're not Mutko :)