Hello, I play orbiter, but i am just 14 yers old.

jérôme

Reaction score
Hello, I am new on Orbiter forum . But I dicovered this game some yars ago. I would like to learn and create mods.
I am french, and my knolwedge in programation is werry limited : i just started learning python.
Later, I would like to learn 3D modeling and programation with C++.
In my shool, no one of my friends is interested by space ,and it would be interesting to talk about Orbiter with other people.
First i have a question: why soyuz 7K mods for Orbiter 2016 don t work ?

llarian

Reaction score
Bon jour Jerome et bienvenue. Your age does not matter. We run the full gamut from teens to retired (I am 66). There are several here from France that should be happy to guide you along, though I would highly suggest that you make a presence on the Orbiter Francophone (DanSteph's website). As for modding there really are two parts to it. First is 3d Modeling. There are several 3d packages availabe at no cost. My personal preference is Blender but it has a very steep learning curve. The second part is program coding. C++ is probably best to go with. The scripting language used within Orbiter is Lua.

Good luck and take your time. Look at every youtube presentation you can find (especially David Courtney). If you run into problems, ask, just remember to add your Orbiter.log file so folks can help you better. I hope you have a long time of entertainment with this. I have.

jérôme

Reaction score
Thank you for answering me and suggesting Dansteph's forum. I essentially want to learn modding because i had seen many modsthat looks awersome. But they only works in olds Orbiter versions. And other reasons because i want create mods is because is that some models are hight poly and my pc isn t enough powerful .
But i also have ideas about mods. My final objective is to create a game , but at this time i will essentially focus on modding.

jérôme

Reaction score
I am also Interested by soviet space program and big projects like N-1, Buran or Mir-2. My mod will probably have spacecraft based on them.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Which Soyuz 7k addon are you using?

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

jacquesmomo

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francophone.dansteph.com
Hello Jerome :salute: 🇫🇷

So welcome here. I'm from Bordeaux, and I come here every day. But as llarian suggests, you are also welcome on the French-speaking forum (Dan's forum).

Everyone here or on Dan's forum can help and advise you.
(it's easier for me to explain to you in French, but here, as the forum is international, it's customary (and it's normal) to speak in English).

Regarding your isue with soyuz, if you can't fix this, tell me about this problem on Dan's forum, I'll try to find and understand what's wrong.

gamer19

Reaction score
ok, you're still a bit star-struck I see
we tend to treat jacques as just a regular human being here I guess 🤷‍♀️
😁
did you solve your problem ?

thermocalc

Reaction score
dear "jerome",
surely you are bright kid (allow me this, i am 55) if at 14 yrs old you are thinking to programming and making "games" , surely it is a BIG PLUS, you will be an excellent student to whatever school/subject you will decide to go/do.
As I am just a simple end user, without any programming skills, I can only enjoy (or try to) all magnificent addons who skilled and passionate people like you are making, so I wish you all success, and hoping to see some of your creations for Orbiter soon.
Good Luck!!!
(y):unsure::hailprobe:

jérôme

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.:giggle:
you will maybe see my creation in some months .
I am looking for learning 3D modeling and programation.
i also have some ideas about a fictionnal spacecraft.:probe:

I almost forgot: I installed VC redist 86 , and the mod works.