hi, at all i could use some advice

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
so finally i decided, to write something, i visit this forum on a daly basis but my english always held me back to write.

i'm a huge fan of orbiter, but i'm still learnig...

i recently found the great energy and the delta tug addons from klutch.

i read in the readme file from the delta tug, that it isn't possible to dock while the tug ist attached to the glider. is there a way how i could change this fact? most of the time i visit the iss or fly to the moon, but i wanna try a flight to venus. my idea was a lift of with the Energia, with a DG VI + delta tug + external tank. can this be done somehow?

my second question is how i can add the energy project to Wideawake International?

i want to thank you all for this great community, and every one who is involved making orbiter the best thing that is on my harddrive!

greetings form europe

Oceanic

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
1. No, would not work out, as the internals of Orbiter don't permit it.
2. You would need to copy the interesting blocks out of a Energy scenario and edit the geographic coordinates (POS) for it.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
1. No, would not work out, as the internals of Orbiter don't permit it.

What about universal cargo deck? There might be issues with CoG and it wouldn't be possible to refuel it.

Oceanic

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
thanks for your answers, to bad it does not work with the docking while the delta tug is attached.

it worked on the first try to put the energia on wideawake, the crew in the delta glider died in the process ;) (had 900G on the display) i reloaded the crew and saved the scenario, i only had to adjust the tower elevation so it wouldn't look to weird.

gonna try the universal cargo deck in the next days

oceanic

Tommy

Reaction score
Somewhere in the DG-IV manual are instructions for putting the DG-IV into "safe" mode. I know that prevents the DGIV from overheating, perhaps it solves the G force problem as well. Alternately, launch the DGIV in "chicken mode" and load a new non-chicken cofig after the ascent.

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
I think moving the DGIV while the scenario is paused eliminates that problem. I've never killed them while the scenario is paused, but maybe my install is extra special.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Somewhere in the DG-IV manual are instructions for putting the DG-IV into "safe" mode. I know that prevents the DGIV from overheating, perhaps it solves the G force problem as well. Alternately, launch the DGIV in "chicken mode" and load a new non-chicken cofig after the ascent.

Yes. This also works well when you glue the DGIV to another vessel for launch.