Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
This will probably be a short one too. 1.8 has new types of stone.
For me it can be a short one. There are not many exotic biomes in this one:
ResourceWorld2014.jpg

I've reduced the knockback to 1.
Noticed it on my skin. I didn't see there were teleport particles used with it earlier.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For me it can be a short one. There are not many exotic biomes in this one:
View attachment 12560

Noticed it on my skin. I didn't see there were teleport particles used with it earlier.

Apparently the teleport particles are a "whoosh" option. I guess it was disabled before? I can turn it off again if it's a problem.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
No, it's not a problem.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Made a small change to the network infrastructure here to eliminate a network bottleneck. Server connection may be noticeably faster. Let me know if you have any issues or if some of the lag we were seeing is gone.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm.
The mob farm near the Iron Farm is well and truly broken.
The chests won't accept anything from the hoppers.
The owner need to go and do /cremove on them?

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

Hm, or not.
Witch farm have the same problem, and chests there are not owned.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

At least partially broken - there are items stuck in hoppers, but the bulk seem to reach the chests.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I fell into a deep ocean of depression after falling into a similarly deep ocean of lava in the RW nether. I lost 4x64 glowstone and 2x64 nether quartz.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
Hm.

Hm, or not.

At least partially broken - there are items stuck in hoppers, but the bulk seem to reach the chests.

See my post about this. Is my quick fix chest still there? The Mob Farm works fine, its the sorting system thats broke. I thought I'd redirected all but the gunpowder into an unprotected chest. Did I miss something?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Meanwhile, Delta Crateris is now largely complete (a year later than i expected...).
There will still be tweaks and finishing touches, but all the main things are there, i hope.

If anyone have improvement ideas or desire a complete map and description - just ask and tell.

The recent additions are all at the top.
dc-140222-from_l_tower.jpg

dc-140222-from_l_tower_2.jpg

Sunset platform.
dc-140222-ice_hall.jpg

dc-140222-statirway_side.jpg

What is in the cap?
It's a mob farm.
dc-140222-build-lit_up.jpg

dc-140222-lights_off.jpg

dc-140222-mf_glass_1.jpg

In agreement with the recent scarcity accord, the farm is completely hands-on and unautomated.
You go in with your weapons.
Kill the mobs.
dc-140222-zombies.jpg

Collect loot.
dc-140222-spiders.jpg

And go out.
Don't tease the creepers - floors are only one block thick, and it's a long way down.
dc-140222-door.jpg

The room at the very top is the inner sanctum.
You climb the maze and navigate the mob farm to get to the treasures there.
dc-140222-on_top.jpg

There are quick ways down, there are no quick ways up.
dc-140222-quick_way_down.jpg

(Yes, it's safe if you don't move as you fall)
dc-140222-quick_way_down_2.jpg

Oh, and i'm still looking for a nametag to simplify filling the Creeper Cells.
All the trouble to get one in, only to have him despawn once you walk away...
creeper.jpg

Last edited:

Richy

VTOL craft Pilot
Reaction score
Website
www.richmans-maps.ch.vu
I also finished my mansion. It's to the west and can be get at via the Ocean-Line Netherrail. Of course, or by foot.

A quick guide to the place:
- all areas (except the guest rooms) are open to public.
- items in chests that are accessible can be used, but only take what you need, not what you can!
- sometimes, doors need a puzzle to be solved to open.
- all hints are found inside the mansion.
- there's no need to alter architecture.
- the mansion is accesible in five stages:
-- the estate via the portal or by day through the booth at the main gate (if I'm home, I can let you in at night, just ring the bell)
-- the mansion (main entrance puzzle)
-- the basement (basement access puzzle)
-- the farms (color puzzle)
-- the secret lab (final puzzle)

Mindblast

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.nestadlinn.de
I /cremoved the chests at the mob farm but will have to rework the whole thing as the drop is not high enough to kill the witches that seem to be spawning everywhere now.
It seems somebody installed some tripwire triggered pistons too (maybe in an attempt to kill the witches?) but that didn't kill the witches but instead blocked the whole item transporting mechanism so i removed the tripwire for now.

As for items "stuck" in hoppers. If you see a hopper that has like 20-30 items all of the same type distributed over all 5 slots of the hopper, please do not remove them. It is an essential part of the sorting mechanism (the hopper only accepts items of this type and they are taken out by the hopper below it, triggered by a redstone signal.

Hm.

Hm, or not.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm, someone have cut and redirected the Gold Farm nether railine into a huge portal going to the middle of some desert.
Feels like it was intended as a junction, but was left incomplete.

Also, there are many new buildings all over the server, but few of them are labelled on the map. Is that intentional?

Axertan

Reaction score
Also, there are many new buildings all over the server, but few of them are labelled on the map. Is that intentional?

Well, if you mean the old tiny square wooden structure in the middle of nowhere labelled "Axertan's shack in the middle of nowhere" then yes, it's intentionally not on the map :p

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm, someone have cut and redirected the Gold Farm nether railine into a huge portal going to the middle of some desert.
Feels like it was intended as a junction, but was left incomplete.

Yes sorry I forgot to mention it... I fell asleep before I could post it to the forum.

Some of those buildings on the eastern desert are mine, I'm going to name them after I complete the intercity rail link

I cut the gold line temporarily so I can have direct access from my city to the main city. It should resume full operation in 2 days.

Last edited:

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I get a kick out of pretending to operate a corporation so...

Fsci's wacky Economic Reports

Ive been working on a proof of concept study on whether it is feasible to build an industrial furnace made of 128 little furnaces. So far im planning to build a 32 size furnace with a similar design.

The last couple of days ive been burning large sections of a nearby forest to make room for mob farm complex. When complete, it should be the largest producer of mob related products. The material demand for this project is going to be enormous. Which is why im going to have to complete the mega furnace first.

With much applause i have unilaterally approved the development of 24 new iron farms within my core territory...Followed by another 4 iron farms scattered around Orbiter City. Once i demolish the Orb-Pablo Memorial Iron Farm i will proceed to build these new iron farms as part of my Ferrous Park Complex.

I now know the locations of 3 naked spawners scattered through my territory i will industrialize them within a week.

The Orange line will remain severed until i can get my furnace up and running.

Current Economic Stats:

Desert Products +7x27x64
Cattle Hides +128
Nether Products -8x64
Redstone Products -2x64
Iron +3x64

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you aware that any changes to the world within the boundaries of the city must be approved by the Mayor? I would urge you to get permission before you get banned...

fsci123

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you aware that any changes to the world within the boundaries of the city must be approved by the Mayor? I would urge you to get permission before you get banned...

Ahhhh... My corporate greed has got the best me and I found a loophole... I can't build within the walls but, I can build a few feet outside the walls. Plus the player has to be within 128m for the farm to work so the plan is still a go...

Last edited:

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you had to find a loophole, maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
With backup sizes approaching 3GB each, I'm going to be reducing backup frequency to 2x a day, at local noon and midnight. Given that we haven't had to revert to a backup in quite a while, and backups can cause problems when they're so massive that they quickly overrun the drive, this is probably better in the long run.

On an entirely related note, please let me know if you see any wackiness or unexpected behavior on the server. If things are broken, I can fix them since the logblock DB is on a different drive, but the sooner the better.

Also, thanks to JSwift, the server should have a new Orbiter-y logo.