Problem high res planet textures borders visible in low orbit

Pete

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm sure, the following problem is known, but sorry I can't find the solution.

I'm using Seth Edens fantastic L10 textures in orbiter 2006P1 and now in orbiter 2010 p1.

orbiter 2010p1: If you are looking in low orbit in the direction of horizon, you see the square borders of the high res textures.

This problem never occures in Orbiter 2006P1.
Example: scenario "great lakes"

can someone help me?

Cheers Pete

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Use the Level 11-Level 14 hi-res textures. This will solve the problem. I had the same problem using the landsat textures, but when I installed the lvl 11-14, the problem was solved and the LEO view was amazing!
http://downloadorbitersim.com/?page_id=42 Here is the download link...

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm using Seth Edens fantastic L10 textures in orbiter 2006P1 and now in orbiter 2010 p1.

orbiter 2010p1: If you are looking in low orbit in the direction of horizon, you see the square borders of the high res textures.

If you want to use the level 10 LandSat textures of Earth you need also level 8 textures from the same set. Orbiter uses different texture files for low resolution textures (levels 1-8) than for high resolution (levels 9+). The difference between low and high resolution textures from different sets can be seen as the described by you borders, which are borders between applied to Earth low resolution and high resolution textures.

You can download Earth level 8 LandSat textures from there (you don't need level 9, just level 8, and the level 10 you already have).

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
In regards to the Level 11-14 textures, those textures are pretty huge in file size. Do they affect FPS in the sim if they're that detailed?

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
Well, in that case I'll try them out. Thanks for the response.:thumbup: