Hispa to Mars

Dambuster

Reaction score
That is so cool.

If you're planning to release these as addons, I think they'll see a lot of use!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Who says they are going to go back to home? When I get tired of Mars, I want to send back to Mars the Cosmos refuelled and loaded with more ships to launch the base to Jupiter, that promises lots of adventures.
Ah, you're ambitious! :)

Hispa

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The workers of my spaceyard work fast...

modelo1_2.jpg

Fixed cargo containers (no attached but integrated in the ship structure). The umbrellas are a electro-magnetic field generator to protect crew modules of space radiation.

Still thinking where to place the docking ports (I want to put a lot of them in this ship). I accept suggestions about it.

mc_

Reaction score
Nice ship. And big. Looks perfect for flying to Jupiter and beyond.

I suggest, docking ports should be in front (6-node or something like it) - for small ships and above/under (or/and left and right) spherical tanks - for XR5 or so.

Hispa

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
First docking test with a XR2 Ravenstar:

modelo1_3.jpg

This is the main docking port of the ship, that will be docked to any oher ship or set of ships we want to boost. There will be other secondary docking ports to allow some ships to be docked.

I deleted two set of cargo containers to make a docking zone for bigger ships like XR5. The "frontal" docking section will be in the bow section, and the "upper" docking section will be behind the containers. It's too important to let the center of gravity in the central ship axis.

mc_

Reaction score
Hm, its a little bit smaller than i thought.

Can't find a weak spot in your new docking configuration. It looks like the only normal solution. Keep going, you're right :thumbup:

Hispa

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something like this:

modelo1_4.jpg

373.73m

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Something like this:

modelo1_4.jpg

373.73m
Wow, that looks nice, Hispa!
Just one thing...what kind of acceleration will it go under with those engines? I'm just thinking of the stress on the XR-5 docking tubes. Of course, there's not really anything you can do about that if there are any problems.
If you release this ship as an addon, I'd be happy to fly it. You've got a good design sense. :thumbup:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Now that is an awesome ship! If you release it, would it be much trouble making it somehow UMMU compatible, if it isn't too much of a hassle? Sure it is possible to open the doors on the XR vessels and so have external O2 supply, but to actually transfer the crew would be awesome.
But, as I said, it's your ship!

Hispa

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Um, are the Ravenstars docked to the cargo pods?

In this moment, yes, but I've still time to make a docking mudule to attach to the main structure. I'm not too convinced with the actual solution.

What I pretend is that the pods between XR2's and XR5's that you can see in the thrid image works like a provissional habitat zone when the operation with the rest of the ships docked will be done. I can translate all the set a little bit to stern, make a docking module for XR2 and rotate these ports to put the XR2 looking backwards.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I thought about trying the same thing after DLing Long Shot! If I can figure out how to successfully transfer crews, that is.

I think I'm doing things right; I start in Long Shot, select active dock, open lock, switch to DGIV, open locks, select crewmember, press EVA, and it says the crew has transferred to the docked ship( Long Shot), but I always end up with the ummu'ed crewmember in the airlock area, invisible from external view and unable to re-enter either ship.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Well, that post was supposed to go into the thread about your using Cosmos to push Celestium3 to Mars!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, that post was supposed to go into the thread about your using Cosmos to push Celestium3 to Mars!
This is the forum about pushing a Celestium 3 to Mars. I'm not sure what you mean by that. :shrug:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Yes. My bad. I was in that thread as a result of a search and thought I was elsewhere. Pretty much my normal waking state.:embarrassed: