OHM HL-20 PLS/CERV v1.01

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: sputnik

HL-20 Personnel Launch System / Crew Emergency Rescue Vehicle. Think of it as an American Spiral that adds a docking port and seats ten while losing the payload bay. Launch on a CVEL Titan (not included) or Delta IV-Heavy (not included), or carry it up in the bay of a shuttle.

DOWNLOAD

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score
Legacy Reviews

Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by eveningsky339
Pros: Simple, realistic
Cons: None that I can think of
Review:
Try it. You'll like it. :)

Tacolev

Reaction score
So revisiting this and sputnik's other great add-ons now that they're all up and grooving in 2010, I figured I'd sling the HL-20 on top of an Atlas 402 like the dream chaser and noticed something...

Why is it so heavy? Published specs I've managed to find for this vehicle were ~11000kg versus the ~19000kg add-on. I'm just curious where these figures came from.

AmBaIbA

Reaction score
Great Ship, I like it!
I suggest you use some parts of DDS of Shuttle Atlantis to give it more realism.

GOOD JOB...

mjessick

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So revisiting this and sputnik's other great add-ons now that they're all up and grooving in 2010, I figured I'd sling the HL-20 on top of an Atlas 402 like the dream chaser and noticed something...

Why is it so heavy? Published specs I've managed to find for this vehicle were ~11000kg versus the ~19000kg add-on. I'm just curious where these figures came from.

http://dscb.larc.nasa.gov/DCBStaff/ebj/Papers/TM-107580.pdf
Gives landing configuration weight as 19100 pounds force.