Hola from Ohio

Joshuawy

Reaction score

The names Josh
I first ran across orbiter a couple of years ago and tryied playing with it, but soon threw it away as garbage
recently however one of my friends showed it to me with the firefly addon and it just sucked me in
for now i'll be playing with some add ons, but i hope to be building my own soon.

Any advice or what not to a new user would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Joshuawy

Reaction score
thanks, i'll have to take a look at that stuff. do you know of any easy to fly craft out there? like one's i won't get lost in?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'd recommend the Delta Glider to learn with, it comes with the default orbiter package

Joshuawy

Reaction score
mmk, do like all the extra levers and stuff in the cockpit matter?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I recommend you read
1.Doc\orbiter.pdf and
2.Doc\DeltaGlider.pdf
they should answer all your questions with the Delta Glider

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You've already had "Go Play In Space" recommended, I can't say enough about how that book helped me out when I started.
The virtual cockpit of the DeltaGlider is some pretty eye-candy, but I find myself using hotkeys for the most part. There are some very nice virtual cockpits out there though...
Take a look at Doug Beachy's XR series, the XR-2 is a sexy machine, and the -5 is a workhorse. I've always thought of the XR-1 as a test platform for the -2, and all three are fun to fly and have some sophisticated autopilots to help you out.
Also, if you've been lurking here you've probably read about the UCGO (Arrow), it's the lastest from the Jedi-Master-Developer Dan and is currently my (and probably many others) current mission to fly this thing around and wish I could code like Dan. The DGIV also has some very, very nice autopilot programs that will help you out as well.
Take a look at the tutorials section if you get stuck on something, if your solution isn't there, search or ask. Most here are more than willing to help, chances are somebody here got stuck with/in/at the same point and have an answer ready for you.
Welcome to the forum here and Happy Orbiting!
PS, I got the Firefly as well, my first download ever...
You can't stop the signal!

Here are the XR- series of birds... http://www.dougsorbiterpage.com/index.html
Another good site... http://www.aovi93.dsl.pipex.com/index.htm

Last edited:

Joshuawy

Reaction score
damage modeling? like i could blow them up instead of them bouncing off the ground? Sweet!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Please use the default color in your text--there are several different forum skins available, and while I'm sure the dark red looks really cool in your skin, it's almost unreadable in the one I use.

Dambuster

Reaction score
damage modeling? like i could blow them up instead of them bouncing off the ground? Sweet!

One of them, the Deltaglider IV, does just that - I would go into details, but you'd be better off just downloading it, reading the manual, and having fun! :thumbup:

Joshuawy

Reaction score
sweet, lorain isn't theat far from me, i live in streetsboro