Support How to properly install Wideawake International? Where to download?

Krishnan

I believe, my friends, caravans of rockets
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Hey y'all!

So Wideawake International's runways are bent if I enable terrain, and the entire spaceport sits on the water when I am using D3D9.

1625990491170.png

Someone said that I should get a mod called Ascension 2016 L18 that should fix the terrain, will that help?

Also, I am kinda confused because Wideawake got updated according to the blog at https://wehaveaproblem.wordpress.com/

The base shown in the blog has all sorts of cool bits and bobs that I would love, does anyone know how to download it? It is different and I can't find it anywhere on Orbit Hangar.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think you mean Ascension Ultra, which is a different project that was never finished. Wideawake itself was never "officially" updated for Orbiter 2016.

Krishnan

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I think you mean Ascension Ultra, which is a different project that was never finished. Wideawake itself was never "officially" updated for Orbiter 2016.
Ohh, thanks. Is there some kind of pre-release or beta version of Ascension Ultra?

I installed the mod called ascension 2016 L18, which fixed the island, but the runways and taxiways are still off the island. Is there a way I can move the base in config file, or is it not worth the trouble?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Krishnan

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him

Krishnan

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I installed the mod Ascension 2016 L18 but it seemed to move the island and mess up the runways. There is a random runway on the side....

I just want to move the runways and taxiways onto the island instead of the water. It is now on water whenever I use d3d9 client. It is fine with the default orbiter.

1626075554739.png

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Is there a download link to it? Also, how did you get those neat extra tools on the top?
If you mean a link to the finished conversion, no. If you mean a link to the program I used to do the conversion, it is the OT3 tool-set.

If you mean with extra tools on the top the frame-rate graph, it is a built-in feature of Orbiter, just right-click on the function-bar (perhaps it is on auto-hide and you have to move the cursor to the middle top of the screen to make it show) and configure the "Auxiliary info bars" for left and right side accordingly (frame-rate is an option there).

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I installed the mod Ascension 2016 L18 but it seemed to move the island and mess up the runways. There is a random runway on the side....

I just want to move the runways and taxiways onto the island instead of the water. It is now on water whenever I use d3d9 client. It is fine with the default orbiter.

Ascension 2016 had the real island with the real installations in mind. WIA on the other hand was designed to utilize the fictional space port. No wonder they don't mix too well there.

Krishnan

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
CSSC is now on water also because of d3d9, guess I have to use normal orbiter for surface ops. Thanks!