Hardware HP Pavillion G6 - Can't open any of Orbiter menus from the F# keys!

AdamR

Reaction score
I have a HP Pavillion G6 with Windows 7, when I went into orbiter and pressed f4 to open up the menu. It only showed menu for showing things on the computer screen like it was meant for,not the orbiter menu. I tried a usb keyboard, and I got the same result. Please help me!!!!

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have a HP Pavillion G6 with Windows 7, when I went into orbiter and pressed f4 to open up the menu. It only showed menu for showing things on the computer screen like it was meant for,not the orbiter menu. I tried a usb keyboard, and I got the same result. Please help me!!!!
Check if there's an "f-lock" function on your keyboard. Failing that, find and disable whatever program it is that's hijacking F4.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Check if you have "Action Keys Mode" set to "Disabled" in BIOS setup. Also, before restarting computer to enter BIOS setting, you can check if pressing F#-keys with "Fn" key on laptop keyboard does the same.

More information: HP: Disable The Fn + Function Key Combination on Certain Models

If it doesn't solve your problem, there can be some program running in background, which captures F# keys, and it needs to be disabled or closed before you run Orbiter.

AdamR

Reaction score
Thank You So Much!!!:tiphat:Now I can play Orbiter:)