Hypergolic Corn Soup

Carmen A

redneck kitten with pillow :3
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
v149th.yolasite.com
After taking a couple of Vitamin C tablets today to combat the threat of an
on the local highways to get home, so I checked in a quaint little diner at the basement to have some dinner.

The food is quite ersatz but what mattered was the privacy the locale afforded. In any case I was served a very bland soup just now and since I'm such a mad scientist I created a new recipe:

Hypergolic Corn Soup.

creamy-corn-potato-soup.jpg

Ingredients:
1 part C-stoff
1 part T-stoff

I didn't have access to the more exotic ingredients listed in the above linked articles so like Iron Man I, I improvised.

C-stoff
Sweet corn (Some)
Cream (Hi fat. Lots)
Water (Some)
Catalyst (Parmesan Cheese. Lots of it)

T-stoff
Chili Flakes (80%)
Tabasco Sauce (20%, or as much as you dare)

The result was spectacular. There were still secondary explosions occuring fully 15 minutes after the propellant test and the intake valves and turbopump remained literally, red hot from the spontaneous combustion. A shot of cold fire suppressant (labelled fruit punch) failed to contain the emergency and a core meltdown was imminent. I was afraid the reactor would melt its way to the centre of the Earth, or something.

Thankfully the fire crews arrived in the nick of time and dumped a huge black pepper chicken onto my table. Assisted by copious amounts of additional catalyst, the fire-stop chicken finally quelled the flames :D

---

Moral of the story - research into rocket propellants can boost your culinary appreciation skills!