Question I crashed my Linux partition, cause I am stupid!

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
Col Brubaker:
Ahh, I could need some Linux help, after messing up my main partition by remove pyton stuff incidently. I trust in Orbinauts more then in some Linux-forum. I have a history.log. Is anyone good in this? View my profil.

Linguofreak:
When you removed python3, a whole bunch of things that depended on it being present were removed along with it (beyond just the packages you specified on the command line). You appear to have reinstalled the things that you had specified to be removed, but not the packages that were removed due to lost dependencies. Those are listed in history.log in the entry where you removed python3.
When removing packages, always pay attention to the list of packages being removed due to the removal if dependencies. If you're not sure that you no longer need everything being removed, don't proceed.
ca-certificates is also a package you generally don't want to remove, I noticed that was on the command line for the removal.

Col Brubaker:
@Linguofreak, Thank you. My mistake. But how to fix it? I have another Linux partition, but I never used chroot to install on a dead partition. You found the history log? Send me a PM please.

Linguofreak:
I may or may not have time to look at this in depth. It's probably better that you open a thread in Brighton Lounge, as there are multiple people with significant Linux experience here. You say "dead partition". history.log indicates that you reinstalled the packages that you had directly removed, which indicates that the system was still running in the immediate aftermath and package management was working. Did you reboot and then have the system fail to come up? If so, what error messages are you getting on boot?
Please include answers to these questions when you create your thread.
Also, do you have separate home and root partitions?

Col Brubaker:
System was running in the aftermath and didn't come up after reboot. [Start-screen picture missing or something]
I have several Linux in 4 partitions. Kali is the destroyed partition.
Furthermore I have another Kali and MX-Linux.
Here is the link to the History log: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/members/col-brubaker.6632/

Thank you guys! :unsure:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Col Brubaker:
System was running in the aftermath and didn't come up after reboot. [Start-screen picture missing or something]

Are there any text error messages when it stops booting, or does it just hang on a splash screen?

I have several Linux in 4 partitions. Kali is the destroyed partition.
Furthermore I have another Kali and MX-Linux.
Here is the link to the History log: https://www.orbiter-forum.com/members/col-brubaker.6632/

Thank you guys! :unsure:

I take it that the /home directory for each partition is on the partition itself and not on a separate partition?

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
I think so. I can boot from every partition. They are all with a boot-loader.
The "Problem-Bear" is partition Nr. 5.
Are there any text error messages when it stops booting, or does it just hang on a splash screen?

I take it that the /home directory for each partition is on the partition itself and not on a separate partition?
The Question is: How can I undelete or reinstall exactly the parts I deleted by being stupid.

[ I bought a cheap drone. And I wanted to try to install an "Android emulator" to run the .apk for the drone on my laptop, instead of using my shitty cell-phone ] 🥴 🔫

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    753.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 02.png
    02.png
    754 KB · Views: 7
  • 03.png
    03.png
    931.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 04.png
    04.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
I'll be honest with you, I don't use Kali (I use Arch btw), but I have used Debian and as far as I know Kali is based on Debian.
I haven't found a guide to manually chrooting in Kali (I haven't searched much either) but I asked ChatGPT (use with care) and it gave me instructions that seem to make a lot of sense.

The idea is the following: chroot from a Kali liveUSB.

We will follow the following steps:

1.- Boot a Kali liveUSB.

2.- Open a terminal and run:

sudo fdisk -l

Identify the partition where your broken Kali installation is located.
According to your screenshot it should be:

/dev/nvme0n1p5

3.- Mount your broken partition with the command:

sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p5 /mnt

Remember to replace the partition name with the correct one if I am wrong.

4.- Mount the necessary virtual file systems using the following commands:

sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev sudo mount --bind /dev/pts /mnt/dev/pts sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys

5.- Switch to the chroot environment using the following command:

sudo chroot /mnt

Then we will proceed to install all the necessary packages you uninstalled by mistake.
Based on the list of packages you posted (history.log) I'm going to make a list of packages so you can reinstall them again in the hope that the package manager itself hasn't been destroyed.
It's going to take me some time...

When I have it, I will publish the list again in .txt format so that you can open it in Kali's liveUSB, then copy and paste it in the terminal and it will be solved (theoretically, at least as far as I know).

Last edited:

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
Thank you.
1.- I have another Kali on p6 and the broken Kali is on p5. No need for the LiveUSB - But I have it.
(And you should try Kali everything. https://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2023.1/kali-linux-2023.1-installer-everything-amd64.iso.torrent
With KDE Plasma, Gnome and xfce with flatpak - I love it! - Debian+Ubuntu+Plasma+freeVPN+tails on virtual-machine, all I miss is the live-boot creation from MX - Btw. it is Arch too!)
2.- I know what fdisk is. I mounted permanently other partitions with it in Zorin - long time ago.
3.- ... I can mount p5 it with Thunar or Dolphin. I have full access to the partition.
Skip 1-3

Before you spend time on that... I found something like an undo the last delete. But it was on a forum from 2017. And I am not sure if it works by today. https://qastack.com.de/server/380856/how-to-undo-apt-get-remove Perhaps you need some translation, but this seems to work too.
I can imagine how you want to use a text-editor to build an installation-list out of the log.

What I don't know is this to chroot on a other partition. I will paste the link in here, I go on MX where I saved it.

I just never done that, with chroot. I am a bit autodidact in Linux.

[ What I really tried is, to run this .apk: https://apkpure.com/maginon-air/com.maginon.maginonair on LineageOS in https://waydro.id/ with Gnome Wayland on Kali.
It happend when tried to uninstall my installation shit down with my nerves. https://www.aldi-nord.de/angebote/aktion-mo-22-05/quadrokopter-qc-710se-wifi-433-2-0.article.html ]😣

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Thank you.
1.- I have another Kali on p6 and the broken Kali is on p5. No need for the LiveUSB - But I have it.
(And you should try Kali everything. https://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2023.1/kali-linux-2023.1-installer-everything-amd64.iso.torrent
With KDE Plasma, Gnome and xfce with flatpak - I love it! - Debian+Ubuntu+Plasma+freeVPN+tails on virtual-machine, all I miss is the live-boot creation from MX - Btw. it is Arch too!)
2.- I know what fdisk is. I mounted permanently other partitions with it in Zorin - long time ago.
3.- ... I can mount p5 it with Thunar or Dolphin. I have full access to the partition.
Skip 1-3

Before you spend time on that... I found something like an undo the last delete. But it was on a forum from 2017. And I am not sure if it works by today. https://qastack.com.de/server/380856/how-to-undo-apt-get-remove Perhaps you need some translation, but this seems to work too.
I can imagine how you want to use a text-editor to build an installation-list out of the log.

What I don't know is this to chroot on a other partition. I will paste the link in here, I go on MX where I saved it.

[ What I really tried is, to run this .apk: https://apkpure.com/maginon-air/com.maginon.maginonair on LineageOS in https://waydro.id/ with Gnome Wayland on Kali.
It happend when tried to uninstall my installation shit down with my nerves. https://www.aldi-nord.de/angebote/aktion-mo-22-05/quadrokopter-qc-710se-wifi-433-2-0.article.html ]😣
Don't worry, I'm also self-taught. But don't be afraid of chroot, it can reinstall all your packages, I have already done it on ArchLinux and Manjaro when I had problems with GRUB. Except that in Arch and Manjaro we have arch-chroot and manjaro-chroot that automatically find the partition and mount everything necessary.

All the instructions that I gave you were thinking about reinstalling the uninstalled packages. I suppose that was what caused the catastrophe.
I will continue to investigate your log to be more sure.

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
I could click into Dolphin and "open terminal here"
reinstalling the uninstalled packages. I suppose that was what caused the catastrophe.
Nope. I was just stupid.
And btw. There is no hurry, cause I have 2 more running partitions and access to all data. It was just my favourit partition I created. I go to bed, good night.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Thank you.
Skip 1-3

Thanks for the recommendation! But 11GB of download is a lot for my Internet (cries in argentine inflation). I personally like Arch and derivatives because it allows for a very minimal and customizable installation.

I could click into Dolphin and "open terminal here"

Nope. I was just stupid.
And btw. There is no hurry, cause I have 2 more running partitions and access to all data. It was just my favourit partition I created. I go to bed, good night.

If you prefer to do it graphically, no problem...

And some advice from a person who learned Linux by destroying computers by trying and making mistakes: don't blame yourself, it's human to make mistakes, even artificial intelligence makes mistakes.
Good night.

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
Is this pkgs.txt file exactly what I uninstalled?
How do I make sure, that I install this with chroot into p5?

- I don't know what you want with ChatGPT? I never tried, cause I believe they should better destroy Skynet, before it goes online!

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Is this pkgs.txt file exactly what I uninstalled?
How do I make sure, that I install this with chroot into p5?
Exactly, what I did was to make a list of the packages that you uninstalled by mistake and also to reinstall the dependencies that were lost.

The log displayed the following information:
Start-Date: 2023-05-22 18:44:43 Commandline: apt remove curl python3 pip lxc xclip ca-certificates Requested-By: alf (1000)

And then a long list of packages that were uninstalled, including:

• kwin-wayland and kde-plasma-desktop to login with KDE in a Wayland session.

• xfce4-session to login with XFCE4.

• gnome-session to login with Gnome.

• Several python3 packages that are required for it to work.

And many others that are components of Kali.

I recommend reading the list with the help of a word finder in a text editor like Kate or KWrite that comes with KDE to make sure all the missing packages are installed. I'm sure because the list includes Kali system components that I'm sure you don't want to uninstall. Make sure the dates match (more or less) the time the uninstall happened.
Also according to the log you tried to reinstall it, is that true?

Start-Date: 2023-05-22 18:50:14 Commandline: apt install curl python3 pip lxc xclip ca-certificates Requested-By: alf (1000) Install: lxc:amd64 (1:5.0.2-1), python3-lib2to3:amd64 (3.11.2-3, automatic), python3:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1), python3-wheel:amd64 (0.38.4-2, automatic), python3-pkg-resources:amd64 (66.1.1-1, automatic), cloud-image-utils:amd64 (0.33-1, automatic), mmdebstrap:amd64 (1.3.5-1, automatic), python3-dev:amd64 (3.11.2-1+b1, automatic), ca-certificates:amd64 (20230311), python3-pip:amd64 (23.0.1+dfsg-1), python3-distutils:amd64 (3.11.2-3, automatic), lxc-templates:amd64 (3.0.4.48.g4765da8-1, automatic), xclip:amd64 (0.13-2), curl:amd64 (7.88.1-9), python3-setuptools:amd64 (66.1.1-1, automatic) End-Date: 2023-05-22 18:50:23

Also the other registry entries seem trivial, they just show updates that were made to the system.

- I don't know what you want with ChatGPT? I never tried, cause I believe they should better destroy Skynet, before it goes online!
I simply used ChatGPT to ask it (and make sure by comparing the information) how to chroot with Kali and to get a command that I used to filter your log file and create a command to reinstall the packages, which is what is written in pkgs.txt

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
OK, And how to use chroot the right way?

1.- Boot a Kali liveUSB.

2.- Open a terminal and run:

sudo fdisk -l

Identify the partition where your broken Kali installation is located.
According to your screenshot it should be:

/dev/nvme0n1p5

3.- Mount your broken partition with the command:

sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p5 /mnt

Remember to replace the partition name with the correct one if I am wrong.

4.- Mount the necessary virtual file systems using the following commands:

sudo mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev sudo mount --bind /dev/pts /mnt/dev/pts sudo mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc sudo mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys

5.- Switch to the chroot environment using the following command:

sudo chroot /mnt

6.- Once you're chrooted, run the command I sent you in the pkgs.txt file. You can open the txt file directly from Kali LiveUSB and then copy and paste the content (sudo apt install etc. etc.) directly into the terminal.

In case the terminal shows you a # symbol, for example [root@machine]# means that you are using the root user and you don't need sudo at the beginning of the command I sent you.

Once the installation is finished you must exit by typing

exit

And then typing the following commands:

sudo umount /mnt/dev/pts sudo umount /mnt/dev sudo umount /mnt/proc sudo umount /mnt/sys sudo umount /mnt

Then restart your computer and see if it boots correctly.

EDIT: if you open the pkgs.txt with Kate or KWrite it might ask you to "raise character limit and reload file" or something similar, in that case click "raise character limit and reload file".

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
Paketlisten werden gelesen… Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut… Fertig
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen… Fertig
Hinweis: »powershell-empire« wird an Stelle von »starkiller« gewählt.
Paket libruby3.0 ist nicht verfügbar, wird aber von einem anderen Paket
referenziert. Das kann heißen, dass das Paket fehlt, dass es abgelöst
wurde oder nur aus einer anderen Quelle verfügbar ist.

E: Paket libruby2.7 kann nicht gefunden werden.
E: Mittels des Musters »libruby2.7« konnte kein Paket gefunden werden.
E: Für Paket »libruby3.0« existiert kein Installationskandidat.
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Status information is read in... Done Note: "powershell-empire" is chosen instead of "starkiller". Package liruby3.0 is not available but is provided by another package referenced. This can mean that the package is missing, that it has been detached or is only available from another source. E: Package liruby2.7 cannot be found. E: No package could be found using the pattern 'liruby2.7'. E: There is no install candidate for package 'libruby3.0'.
It could be so easy, but it is not.

Could be partial from Flatpak!

Funny thing is, that on this procedure:
echo '#!/bin/bash' > restore
echo sudo apt-get install grep Remove /var/log/apt/history.log | tail -1 | sed -e 's|Remove: ||g' -e 's|([^)]*)||g' -e 's|:[^ ]* ||g' -e 's|,||g' >> restore
chmod +x restore
./restore
I get almoust the same respond!
Hinweis: »powershell-empire« wird an Stelle von »starkiller« gewählt.
Paket libruby3.0 ist nicht verfügbar, wird aber von einem anderen Paket
referenziert. Das kann heißen, dass das Paket fehlt, dass es abgelöst
wurde oder nur aus einer anderen Quelle verfügbar ist.

E: Paket libruby2.7 kann nicht gefunden werden.
E: Mittels des Musters »libruby2.7« konnte kein Paket gefunden werden.
E: Mittels regulärem Ausdruck »libruby2.7« konnte kein Paket gefunden werden.
E: Für Paket »libruby3.0« existiert kein Installationskandidat.

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
It could be so easy, but it is not.

Could be partial from Flatpak!

Funny thing is, that on this procedure:

I get almoust the same respond!
Ah, I figured there would be a dependency problem. What happens if you run apt install libruby?

And sorry for the delay in answering, although I am answering as fast as I receive it, there is a difference of 20 minutes.

Col Brubaker

Hoax Developer
Reaction score
Ah, I figured there would be a dependency problem. What happens if you run apt install libruby?
I already did!
Shit as well:
sudo apt install libruby
Die folgenden Pakete wurden automatisch installiert und werden nicht mehr benötigt:
aha android-framework-res apt-file attr blt bluedevil breeze breeze-cursor-theme breeze-gtk-theme breeze-icon-theme castxml catch2 ccze cmake cmake-data cramfsswap cryfs dconf-cli diffstat docutils-common drkonqi espeak espeak-data
espeak-ng-data evolution-data-server evolution-data-server-common exif fastjar figlet finger fonts-dejavu fonts-dejavu-extra fonts-glyphicons-halflings fonts-lyx fonts-noto-hinted frameworkintegration freeradius-common
freetds-common g++-11 gcc-mingw-w64-base gcc-mingw-w64-i686-win32 gcc-mingw-w64-i686-win32-runtime gcc-mingw-w64-x86-64-win32 gcc-mingw-w64-x86-64-win32-runtime gdal-data gdal-plugins ghidra-data gir1.2-accountsservice-1.0
gir1.2-adw-1 gir1.2-atspi-2.0 gir1.2-babl-0.1 gir1.2-gck-1 gir1.2-gcr-3 gir1.2-gdesktopenums-3.0 gir1.2-gdm-1.0 gir1.2-gegl-0.4 gir1.2-geoclue-2.0 gir1.2-gmenu-3.0 gir1.2-gnomeautoar-0.1 gir1.2-gnomebg-4.0 gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-3.0
gir1.2-gnomedesktop-3.0 gir1.2-gnomedesktop-4.0 gir1.2-goa-1.0 gir1.2-graphene-1.0 gir1.2-gtk-2.0 gir1.2-gtk-4.0 gir1.2-gtk-vnc-2.0 gir1.2-gtksource-3.0 gir1.2-gtkspell3-3.0 gir1.2-gweather-4.0 gir1.2-handy-1 gir1.2-ibus-1.0
gir1.2-javascriptcoregtk-4.0 gir1.2-json-1.0 gir1.2-keybinder-3.0 gir1.2-libosinfo-1.0 gir1.2-libvirt-glib-1.0 gir1.2-libxfce4ui-2.0 gir1.2-libxfce4util-1.0 gir1.2-malcontent-0 gir1.2-mutter-12 gir1.2-nm-1.0 gir1.2-nma4-1.0
gir1.2-notify-0.7 gir1.2-packagekitglib-1.0 gir1.2-polkit-1.0 gir1.2-rsvg-2.0 gir1.2-soup-2.4 gir1.2-totem-1.0 gir1.2-totemplparser-1.0 gir1.2-upowerglib-1.0 gir1.2-vte-2.91 gir1.2-webkit2-4.0 gir1.2-wnck-3.0 gnome-backgrounds
gnome-session-bin gnome-session-canberra gnome-session-common gnome-shell-common gnome-software-common gnustep-common gpsd-tools greenbone-security-assistant gstreamer1.0-pipewire gvmd-common hostapd hwdata hwloc ibus-data
icu-devtools isc-dhcp-server jarwrapper java-common junit kde-config-gtk-style kde-config-screenlocker kde-config-sddm kde-style-breeze kde-style-oxygen-qt5 kgamma5 khotkeys khotkeys-data kismet-capture-nrf-51822
kismet-capture-nrf-52840 kismet-capture-nxp-kw41z kismet-capture-rz-killerbee kismet-capture-ti-cc-2531 kismet-capture-ti-cc-2540 kismet-capture-ubertooth-one kmenuedit kscreen kwin-style-breeze kwrited lame layer-shell-qt
ldap-utils lib2geom1.2.0 libad9361-0 libadns1 libaec0 libaliased-perl libantlr-java libaopalliance-java libapache-pom-java libapache2-mod-php libapksig-java libappstreamqt2 libapt-pkg-perl libarmadillo11 libarpack2 libasm-java
libatk-adaptor libatk-wrapper-java libatk-wrapper-java-jni libb-keywords-perl libbabl-dev libbcel-java libbcpg-java libbcprov-java libbde1 libberkeleydb-perl libblkid-dev libblosc1 libboost-atomic1.74-dev libboost-atomic1.74.0
libboost-chrono1.74-dev libboost-date-time1.74-dev libboost-date-time1.74.0 libboost-dev libboost-filesystem1.74-dev libboost-locale1.74.0 libboost-program-options1.74-dev libboost-python1.74.0 libboost-regex1.74-dev
libboost-regex1.74.0 libboost-serialization1.74-dev libboost-system1.74-dev libboost-system1.74.0 libboost-test1.74-dev libboost-test1.74.0 libboost-thread1.74-dev libboost1.74-dev libbrotli-dev libbsf-java libbsh-java libbtbb1
libbytes-random-secure-perl libcamel-1.2-64 libcapture-tiny-perl libcdi-api-java libcdr-0.1-1 libcharls2 libchromaprint-tools libclass-data-inheritable-perl libclass-inspector-perl libclass-method-modifiers-perl
libclass-singleton-perl libclass-xsaccessor-perl libcolorcorrect5 libcommons-cli-java libcommons-codec-java libcommons-collections3-java libcommons-compress-java libcommons-io-java libcommons-lang-java libcommons-lang3-java
libcommons-logging-java libcommons-parent-java libcommons-text-java libconfig-tiny-perl libconst-fast-perl libcpanel-json-xs-perl libcppunit-1.15-0 libcppunit-dev libcreg1 libcrypt-random-seed-perl libcrypt-ssleay-perl libct4
libcurl3-nss libdata-dpath-perl libdata-messagepack-perl libdata-validate-domain-perl libdata-validate-ip-perl libdata-validate-uri-perl libdatetime-format-builder-perl libdatetime-format-iso8601-perl
libdatetime-format-strptime-perl libdatetime-locale-perl libdatetime-perl libdatetime-timezone-perl libdatrie-dev libdbd-sqlite3-perl libdcmtk17 libdd-plist-java libdeflate-dev libdevel-size-perl libdiscid0 libdistorm3-3 libdlt2
libdom4j-java libdotconf0 libebackend-1.2-11 libebook-1.2-21 libebook-contacts-1.2-4 libecal-2.0-2 libeclipse-jdt-annotation-java libedata-book-1.2-27 libedata-cal-2.0-2 libedataserver-1.2-27 libedataserverui-1.2-4 libegl-dev
libel-api-java libemail-address-xs-perl libembree3-3 libesedb1 libespeak-ng1 libespeak1 libevt1 libevtx1 libexception-class-perl libexporter-tiny-perl libfelix-framework-java libfelix-gogo-runtime-java libfelix-osgi-obr-java
libfelix-resolver-java libffi-dev libfile-find-rule-perl libfile-listing-perl libfile-sharedir-perl libfile-which-perl libfindbugs-java libflatpak0 libfmt-dev libfont-ttf-perl libfontbox-java libfontconfig-dev libfox-1.6-0
libfreeradius3 libfreetype-dev libfreetype6-dev libfreexl1 libfribidi-dev libfsapfs1 libfsext1 libfshfs1 libfsntfs1 libfsxfs1 libfuzzy2 libfvde1 libfwnt1 libfwsi1 libfxscintilla20 libfyba0 libgarcon-gtk3-1-0 libgdal32 libgdcm3.0
libgdm1 libgeos-c1v5 libgeos3.11.1 libgeotiff5 libgeronimo-annotation-1.3-spec-java libgeronimo-interceptor-3.0-spec-java libgl-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libgles-dev libgles1 libglfw3 libglu1-mesa libglu1-mesa-dev libglut-dev libglut3.12
libglvnd-core-dev libglvnd-dev libglx-dev libgmp-dev libgmpxx4ldbl libgnome-menu-3-0 libgnuradio-air-modes1 libgnuradio-channels3.10.5 libgnuradio-dtv3.10.5 libgnuradio-fec3.10.5 libgnuradio-fosphor3.9.0 libgnuradio-iio3.10.5
libgnuradio-pdu3.10.5 libgnuradio-qtgui3.10.5 libgnuradio-soapy3.10.5 libgnuradio-trellis3.10.5 libgnuradio-video-sdl3.10.5 libgnuradio-vocoder3.10.5 libgnuradio-wavelet3.10.5 libgnuradio-zeromq3.10.5 libgoogle-gson-java libgps28
libgraphite2-dev libgsl27 libgslcblas0 libgsm1-dev libgtk-vnc-2.0-0 libgtkspell3-3-0 libguice-java libgvm22 libgvnc-1.0-0 libhamcrest-java libharfbuzz-gobject0 libhawtjni-runtime-java libhdf4-0-alt libhdf5-103-1 libhdf5-hl-100
libhiredis0.14 libhtml-form-perl libhtml-html5-entities-perl libhtml-linkextractor-perl libhtml-tree-perl libhttp-cookies-perl libhttp-daemon-perl libhttp-negotiate-perl libhttpclient-java libhttpcore-java libice-dev libicu-dev
libiio0 libimage-magick-perl libimage-magick-q16-perl libimagequant0 libimport-into-perl libiniparser1 libio-all-perl libio-interactive-perl libio-string-perl libipc-run3-perl libiterator-perl libiterator-util-perl libiw30
libjansi-java libjansi-native-java libjansi1-java libjarjar-java libjatl-java libjavaewah-java libjaxen-java libjbig-dev libjcifs-java libjcip-annotations-java libjcsp-java libjetty9-java libjformatstring-java libjgit-java
libjline2-java libjna-java libjna-jni libjpeg-dev libjpeg62-turbo-dev libjs-bootstrap libjs-jquery-ui libjs-prettify libjs-skeleton libjs-source-map libjsch-java libjson-maybexs-perl libjsoncpp25 libjsoup-java libjsp-api-java
libjsr166y-java libjzlib-java libkeybinder-3.0-0 libkf5holidays-data libkf5holidays5 libkf5kdelibs4support-data libkf5kdelibs4support5 libkf5kdelibs4support5-bin libkf5people-data libkf5people5 libkf5peoplebackend5
libkf5peoplewidgets5 libkf5screen-bin libkf5screen-data libkf5screen8 libkf5screendpms8 libkf5style5 libkfontinst5 libkfontinstui5 libkmlbase1 libkmldom1 libkmlengine1 libkpipewire5 libkpipewiredmabuf5 libkpipewirerecord5
libkryo-java libkscreenlocker5 libksgrd9 libkwineffects14 libkwinglutils14 libkxml2-java liblayershellqtinterface5 liblbfgsb0 liblcms2-dev liblerc-dev liblingua-en-inflect-perl liblist-compare-perl liblist-moreutils-perl
liblist-moreutils-xs-perl liblist-someutils-perl liblist-someutils-xs-perl liblist-utilsby-perl liblnk1 liblog4cplus-2.0.5 liblogback-java liblouis-data liblouis20 libluksde1 liblz1 liblzf1 liblzma-dev libmagick++-6.q16-8
libmalcontent-ui-1-1 libmarkdown2 libmath-base85-perl libmath-random-isaac-perl libmaven-archiver-java libmaven-file-management-java libmaven-jar-plugin-java libmaven-parent-java libmaven-resolver-java libmaven-shared-io-java
libmaven-shared-utils-java libmaven3-core-java libminlog-java libmodi1 libmodule-pluggable-perl libmoo-perl libmoox-aliases-perl libmosquitto1 libmotif-common libmount-dev libmouse-perl libmsiecf1 libmultiverse-core-java
libmutter-12-0 libnamespace-autoclean-perl libnative-platform-java libnative-platform-jni libncurses-dev libndpi4.2 libnekohtml-java libnet-domain-tld-perl libnet-http-perl libnet-ip-perl libnet-ipv6addr-perl libnet-netmask-perl
libnet-tftp-perl libnet-whois-ip-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libnetcdf19 libnfsidmap1 libnotificationmanager1 libnumber-bytes-human-perl libnumber-compare-perl libobjenesis-java libodbcinst2 libodpic4 libogdi4.1 libolecf1
libopenblas-dev libopenblas-pthread-dev libopenblas0 libopencolorio2.1 libopencv-core406 libopencv-imgcodecs406 libopencv-imgproc406 libopencv-videoio406 libopengl-dev libopenimageio2.4 libopenshot-audio8 libopenshot21
libopenvdb10.0 libopusfile0 libosdcpu3.5.0 libosdgpu3.5.0 libosgi-annotation-java libosgi-compendium-java libosgi-core-java liboxygenstyle5-5 liboxygenstyleconfig5-5 libpaho-mqtt1.3 libparallel-forkmanager-perl
libparams-validate-perl libparams-validationcompiler-perl libpath-tiny-perl libpcaudio0 libpcre2-32-0 libpcre2-dev libpcre2-posix3 libpdfbox-java libperl-critic-perl libperlio-gzip-perl libperlio-utf8-strict-perl libpfm4
libphonenumber8 libpixman-1-dev libplasma-geolocation-interface5 libplexus-archiver-java libplexus-cipher-java libplexus-classworlds-java libplexus-component-annotations-java libplexus-container-default-java
libplexus-interpolation-java libplexus-io-java libplexus-sec-dispatcher-java libplexus-utils2-java libpng-dev libpng-tools libpod-parser-perl libpod-spell-perl libpolyglot-maven-java libportal-gtk3-1 libportmidi0 libpotrace0
libpowerdevilcore2 libpowerdevilui5 libppi-perl libppix-quotelike-perl libppix-regexp-perl libppix-utilities-perl libproc-processtable-perl libprocessui9 libproguard-java libproj25 libpthread-stubs0-dev libpugixml1v5 libpystring0
libpython3-all-dev libqaccessibilityclient-qt5-0 libqalculate-data libqalculate22 libqcow1 libqdox-java libqhull-r8.0 libqt5designer5 libqt5help5 libqt5multimediaquick5 libqt5opengl5 libqt5virtualkeyboard5 libqt5webview5
libqt6core6 libqt6dbus6 libqt6gui6 libqt6network6 libqt6opengl6 libqt6openglwidgets6 libqt6printsupport6 libqt6sql6 libqt6sql6-sqlite libqt6test6 libqt6widgets6 libqt6xml6 libqwt-qt5-6 libradcli4 libraqm0 libreadonly-perl
librecode0 libref-util-perl libreflectasm-java libreflectasm-java-doc libregexp-assemble-perl libregexp-common-perl libregexp-wildcards-perl libregf1 librevenge-0.0-0 librhash0 librhino-java librole-tiny-perl librttopo1 libscca1
libscim8v5 libsdl2-image-2.0-0 libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0 libsdl2-ttf-2.0-0 libselinux1-dev libsepol-dev libsereal-decoder-perl libsereal-encoder-perl libservlet-api-java libsigscan1 libsimple-http-java libsisu-inject-java
libsisu-plexus-java libslf4j-java libsm-dev libsmdev1 libsmraw1 libsnappy-java libsnappy-jni libsocket++1 libsonic0 libsort-versions-perl libsoup-gnome2.4-1 libsox-fmt-alsa libsox-fmt-base libsox3 libspatialite7 libspdlog-dev
libspecio-perl libspiffy-perl libspnav0 libstdc++-11-dev libstrictures-perl libstring-format-perl libstring-random-perl libstringtemplate-java libsub-quote-perl libsuperlu5 libsybdb5 libsyntax-keyword-try-perl libsz2
libtask-weaken-perl libtaskmanager6abi1 libtbb12 libtbbbind-2-5 libtbbmalloc2 libtext-glob-perl libtext-levenshteinxs-perl libtext-markdown-discount-perl libtext-xslate-perl libthai-dev libthrift-dev libtiff-dev libtiffxx6
libtime-duration-perl libtime-moment-perl libtinfo-dev libts0 libubertooth1 libunicode-utf8-perl liburiparser1 libvisio-0.1-1 libvsgpt1 libvshadow1 libvslvm1 libwagon-file-java libwagon-http-java libwagon-provider-api-java
libweather-ion7 libwebp-dev libwebsocket-api-java libwhereami0 libwpd-0.10-10 libwpg-0.3-3 libwww-robotrules-perl libwxbase3.2-1 libwxgtk-gl3.2-1 libwxgtk3.2-1 libx11-dev libxau-dev libxbean-reflect-java libxcb-dpms0
libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb1-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxdamage-dev libxdmcp-dev libxdo3 libxerces-c3.2 libxerces2-java libxext-dev libxfce4ui-utils libxfixes-dev libxft-dev libxi-dev libxinerama-dev
libxm4 libxml-commons-external-java libxml-commons-resolver1.1-java libxml-regexp-perl libxml-writer-perl libxml2-dev libxmlunit-java libxpp3-java libxpresent1 libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxs-parse-keyword-perl libxsimd-dev
libxstream-java libxstring-perl libxt-dev libxz-java libyaml-cpp0.7 libyaml-libyaml-perl libyaml-snake-java libyelp0 libz3-dev libzstd-dev light-locker llvm-13 llvm-13-runtime llvm-14 llvm-14-runtime llvm-15 llvm-15-runtime milou
mingw-w64-common mingw-w64-i686-dev mingw-w64-x86-64-dev mosquitto mtd-utils mutter-common-bin node-normalize.css nss-plugin-pem openvas-scanner oracle-instantclient-basic oracle-instantclient-devel osslsigncode oxygen-sounds
pango1.0-tools patchutils perltidy pg-gvm php-json php-sqlite3 php8.2-sqlite3 plasma-browser-integration plasma-discover plasma-discover-common plasma-disks plasma-integration plasma-pa plasma-thunderbolt plasma-vault
plasma-workspace-data plzip policycoreutils postgresql powerdevil powerdevil-data preview-latex-style proj-bin proj-data proxmark3-firmwares pwgen pybind11-dev python-apt-common python-asyncssh-doc python-babel-localedata
python-cffi python-cffi-backend python-matplotlib-data python-tables-data python-tinycss2-common python3-pastedeploy-tpl python3-setuptools-whl python3-wheel-whl qml-module-org-kde-activities qml-module-org-kde-draganddrop
qml-module-org-kde-kholidays qml-module-org-kde-kio qml-module-org-kde-kwindowsystem qml-module-org-kde-pipewire qml-module-org-kde-solid qml-module-org-kde-syntaxhighlighting qml-module-qtmultimedia
qml-module-qtquick-virtualkeyboard qt6-base-dev-tools qt6-gtk-platformtheme qt6-qpa-plugins qt6-translations-l10n qtbase5-dev-tools recode redis-server redis-tools reglookup-doc rpcbind ruby-addressable ruby-awesome-print
ruby-buftok ruby-builder ruby-concurrent ruby-connection-pool ruby-console ruby-daemons ruby-ecdsa ruby-espeak ruby-fiber-local ruby-hashie ruby-http-accept ruby-http-form-data ruby-i18n ruby-iostruct ruby-ipaddress ruby-jwt
ruby-method-source ruby-mime-types ruby-mime-types-data ruby-mini-portile2 ruby-mojo-magick ruby-mustermann ruby-net-http-pipeline ruby-ntlm ruby-parseconfig ruby-progressbar ruby-protocol-hpack ruby-protocol-http
ruby-public-suffix ruby-qr4r ruby-rainbow ruby-rqrcode-core ruby-ruby2-keywords ruby-sync ruby-traces ruby-tzinfo ruby-websocket ruby-zhexdump ruby-zip ruby3.1-doc rwho rwhod samba-ad-provision samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules
selinux-utils soapysdr-tools sound-icons sox speech-dispatcher speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng sphinx-common sqsh switcheroo-control systemd-coredump tango-icon-theme tdb-tools testng texlive-latex-base
texlive-latex-recommended tk8.6-blt2.5 toilet-fonts ubertooth-firmware unicode-data unixodbc-common uuid-dev uwsgi-core uwsgi-plugin-python3 vim-gui-common wireless-tools x11-apps x11-session-utils x11proto-dev xdotool
xfce4-appfinder xfce4-panel xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin xfdesktop4 xfdesktop4-data xfwm4 xiccd xinit xkbset xorg xorg-sgml-doctools xsltproc xtrans-dev xwayland yelp-xsl
Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um sie zu entfernen.
Die folgenden zusätzlichen Pakete werden installiert:
libruby3.1 rake ruby ruby-rubygems ruby-sdbm ruby3.1 rubygems-integration
Vorgeschlagene Pakete:
ri ruby-dev bundler
Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
libruby libruby3.1 rake ruby ruby-rubygems ruby-sdbm ruby3.1 rubygems-integration
0 aktualisiert, 8 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
Es müssen 6.474 kB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
Nach dieser Operation werden 28,0 MB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
Möchten Sie fortfahren? [J/n] j
And I tried libruby3.0 as well.
- Shit

It was one of my first thoughts to use a text editor, to create the same .txt you send me. Search/exchange with...
But something told me that is too much shit. I think we should give up. I got my data. I simplyfie start again. I already installed my new Kali.
It was a great installation I had. It last for over one year. I learned a lot with it. And I think I should let it R.I.P.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
I already did!
Shit as well:

And I tried libruby3.0 as well.
- Shit

It was one of my first thoughts to use a text editor, to create the same .txt you send me. Search/exchange with...
But something told me that is too much shit. I think we should give up. I got my data. I simplyfie start again. I already installed my new Kali.
It was a great installation I had. It last for over one year. I learned a lot with it. And I think I should let it R.I.P.
Several times I have reinstalled due to my own mistakes, but what I find convenient is to make a backup copy of the directories ~/.config and ~/.local where the configurations are stored. And also ~/.themes, ~/.icons, etc.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Any other suggestion?

I would suggest regular backups of all your partitions -- in addition to software or human error potentially causing data loss, all hardware fails eventually, and so it's not a matter of "if" a backup will be needed someday, it's "when". :)

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
I would suggest regular backups of all your partitions -- in addition to software or human error potentially causing data loss, all hardware fails eventually, and so it's not a matter of "if" a backup will be needed someday, it's "when". :)
A month ago my hard drive died, so the backup saved me trouble.