News I think California just got a tiny bit better

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
http://gov.ca.gov/news.php?id=17684

8-21-2012

PROCLAMATION BY THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA

WHEREAS, the challenge and the promise of outer space unites all of humanity in a shared sense of curiosity, hope and wonderment; and

WHEREAS, our quest to explore space has yielded innumerable advances in technology, engineering and every scientific field; and

WHEREAS, California’s universities, research institutions and aerospace businesses have made the Golden State a world leader in space science and exploration; and

WHEREAS, space satellites have brought us all closer together by enabling telecommunications and gathering remote-sensing imagery to map the entire surface of the earth; and

WHEREAS, the recent mission of the Mars Science Laboratory, which has successfully landed the rover Curiosity on Mars, represents a significant step forward in our journey to the stars; and

WHEREAS, the leadership of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory of California Institute of Technology has been central to the success of Curiosity’s mission; and

WHEREAS, the new images of the Red Planet sent home by Curiosity and the technological genius inherent in the mission have captivated the world’s imagination and reinvigorated our commitment to reach for the stars;

NOW THEREFORE I, EDMUND G. BROWN JR., Governor of the State of California, do hereby proclaim August 22, 2012, as Space Day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Great Seal of the State of California to be affixed this 21st day of August 2012.

ATTEST:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I should move to California, now that they celebrate my birthday as Space Day.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Really? Well, a slightly belated happy birthday to you!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Really? Well, a slightly belated happy birthday to you!

Nothing to celebrate compared to Space Day. Odometer just incremented by one, one year closer to the retirement that I will never get, survived one more year without even a Zombie Apocalypse making this a challenge. One more year I did not walk on Mars.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nothing to celebrate compared to Space Day. Odometer just incremented by one, one year closer to the retirement that I will never get, survived one more year without even a Zombie Apocalypse making this a challenge. One more year I did not walk on Mars.

The question is: Did you get a telescope? :lol:

Another politician trying to score some votes on someone else's achievements without doing anything to advance the issue. No money, no effort except writing a proclamation.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The question is: Did you get a telescope? :lol:

Answer: No. :lol:

But 3D glasses for my TV, a board game and the new third novel of the "Albae" series. :)