IMFD AMSO TLI

skunkie

Reaction score
If you don't want to help, don't help. I, for one, could really use some user-friendly information on what IMFD really does. Comments like yours only serve to discourage others from providing that information.

I don't mean to be harsh at all, and maybe I'm way off here. There's a certain attitude that some people have about their "hard-earned knowledge" that really irks me sometimes. Orbiter is something I do for fun. If I decide to become an expert, I know how to apply for a student loan. If somebody wants to help make this easier, it would be much appreciated. If not, no hard feelings. But to come in here and suggest that I'm just not trying hard enough is completely unnecessary.

My back's been killing me today and I'm in the worst mood ever. Don't take it personally.
that is not what he was saying in his post he was saying that in order to truly understand IMFD a person needs to read the tutorials first then start to understand how and why the variables are adjusting and why they are being adjusted Like when jesus said he can give a man a fish he can feed him for a day teach a man to fish and he can feed himself for a lifetime That is all he was saying a lot of the Tutorials just focus on how to fly to the moon and not how Imfd works and it would take a lot of work to get a tutorial that did Both if you mess with it long enough and get what info you can from the forums you get the hang of it i am a noob to orbiter and still having some Problems but I am understanding it moe everytime i mess with it

myles

Reaction score
Ehhh, IMFD is so overrated. What I do is wait till im4 sections to the left of the moon on Mapmfd, then burn till my orbit's apogee reaches the moon's orbit. Easy, right? And to return, I wait till the Earth is at the horizon, and burn till my eccentricity is 1.6. I ALWAYS succeed!

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Ehhh, IMFD is so overrated. What I do is wait till im4 sections to the left of the moon on Mapmfd, then burn till my orbit's apogee reaches the moon's orbit. Easy, right? And to return, I wait till the Earth is at the horizon, and burn till my eccentricity is 1.6. I ALWAYS succeed!
Ghetto rocket science! :lol: Nice job. ;)