Problem IMFD Orbit Insertion issues

joelang1699

Reaction score
Hi All

I having some serious issues with IMFD (included with orbiter). When I go into the orbital insertion screen after doing my approach burn the target is stuck on ecliptic. I cant get this to change despite the target being set a equator in the planetary approach screen. The end result is the IMFD plots a ecliptic course away from the planet when I want go into orbit. Came someone please help as this is driving me nuts!:cry:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Uh, IMFD isn't included with Orbiter. Assuming you mean jarmo's IMFD, I believe the Orbit Insert feature doesn't work in the 5.x releases.

joelang1699

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get IMFD to put me into to orbit using the 5.xx version? Im completely lost as none of the manuals or guides seem to cover this version.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Any ideas on how to get IMFD to put me into to orbit using the 5.xx version? Im completely lost as none of the manuals or guides seem to cover this version.

I've never had much trouble with IMFD; have you tried it with a clean install?

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
I insert into orbit manually: Orbit MFD, Reference is the planet/moon you want to orbit, wait until about 200 seconds to Periapsis (depending on the body...), then Burn retrograde until i have orbit

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I use IMFD's orbit circularization program. I wait until the burn time in the program is double my PeT in the Orbit MFD, then autoburn. Perhaps not as precise as the Orbit Insert program, but better than doing it manually.

Also, I believe Orbit Insert works in IMFD 4.2, if you don't mind having two IMFDs installed.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Just tried it with ver 5.3 and Orbit Insert works fine. It burned me in an 0.0001 ECC orbit.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Maybe you could post a scenario before this problem.

pattersoncr

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I often use IMFD Delta velocity program for orbit insetrt. -dVf provides the braking while small amounts of dVi keeps the resultant orbit circular. You can include a small plane change with +/-dVp.