Request interstellar addons

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
i am planing an interstellar voyage that will need a lot of addons. what are good addons for interstellar voyages. what are the most realistic star systems, what ships are good for flights like this and what other stuff should i add. please reply

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Orbiter doesn't support more than one solar system so any sort of interstellar voyage will not be at all realistic. The closest we have at the moment is [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4942"]Orbiter Galaxy 0.6.2 ALPHA[/ame] which does a few cheats to work around the one solar system limit.

Why do you need 'a lot of addons' what sort of voyage are you planning? You can achieve the same sort of thing by undertaking a voyage to pluto and charon which is fully supported in Orbiter - a lot more so than going to other solar systems.

Sorpenderin

Reaction score
Orbiter doesn't support more than one solar system so any sort of interstellar voyage will not be at all realistic. The closest we have at the moment is Orbiter Galaxy 0.6.2 ALPHA which does a few cheats to work around the one solar system limit.

Why do you need 'a lot of addons' what sort of voyage are you planning? You can achieve the same sort of thing by undertaking a voyage to pluto and charon which is fully supported in Orbiter - a lot more so than going to other solar systems.

becuase i want to simulate an interstellar flight with exotic planets,black holes,nebula and stars.

insanity

Blastronaut
Donator
Reaction score
To each their own, but it's taken Voyager 35 years to leave the solar system and it will be 40,000 more before it ever comes close to anything interesting. That's an awful long time, even at full time acceleration to wait. If you're talking about traveling at or near the speed of light, well then, you're still going to be waiting for a long time on full acceleration.

Personally, I'd rather deal with simulating the aspects of a slingshot tour around the solar system and have encounters with exotic worlds like Io and Titan.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I agree with insanity. Orbiter is a fantastic solar system simulator and you can even simulate things like the TAU mission but it's not suited to interstellar flight, black holes or nebula. For that, you are better off with Universal Combat, Shores of Hazeon or Freelancer.