General Question Is a random scenario generator possible?

Seven

Reaction score
i was wondering if a randomized scenario generator would be practical?with user input of only ships,then the rest could be randomly done.
just a thought

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sure, but what do you expect of it?

Seven

Reaction score
nothing really/ just wondering if it was a usable and practical method to add variety to orbiter,and would be a quick alternative to those who dont yet know or are learning to create there own.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Something like this is better (in my opinion!) -> [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3868"]Heavens traffic 090405[/ame]

Seven

Reaction score
cool, i skimmed looking at it a few times, not really grasping its capabilities. thanks guys.

ijuin

Reaction score
The problem with a truly random scenario is that you might end up in crazy orbits--such as one that intersects the planet or moon that it is orbiting, and you would have to have sufficient fuel to change to a more stable one--and pray that you weren't spawned in the part of the orbit where you are too close to colliding that you have no chance to do so.

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
I think a scenario generator would have certain presets, like how many craft per base, or how many pads free, crafts attached to station or docking ports free, number of orbits with space stations per planet.

It also should add certain random preset Prelude II bases.

If air traffic is to be added, it shoudl also have a preset of ship names and types and use playbacks. I think it would be useful for stock ships, because a playback would not record DGIV or other custom craft properly. I have tried to land a DGIV and playback crashes the ship.

Another non stock ship might be either landed, or already in stable orbit, not subject to playbacks.

fort

Reaction score
When I see the chaos that reigns in my installation of Orbiter I can say I'm all by myself an excellent randomized scenario generator.:rofl:

tylor2000

long time orbiter fan
Donator
Reaction score
The problem with a truly random scenario is that you might end up in crazy orbits--such as one that intersects the planet or moon that it is orbiting, and you would have to have sufficient fuel to change to a more stable one--and pray that you weren't spawned in the part of the orbit where you are too close to colliding that you have no chance to do so.

Isn't that what parameters are for? I don't mean the ones that will be randomized. The parameters of the parameters with regard to the rules dictating the chaos. ;) The parameters of chaos.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Isn't that what parameters are for? I don't mean the ones that will be randomized. The parameters of the parameters with regard to the rules dictating the chaos. ;) The parameters of chaos.

Edit: or maybe just to prevent chaos. Sorry guys, hit the wrong button.