Question Is a scenario worth putting on Orbit Hangar?

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hi All.

I've been using Dan Steph's UCGO add-on, and have a scenario for my Newcastle Airport base.

It adds runway approach road traffic, car-park traffic, GA area fuel and flat-bed lorry, Main apron fuel lorries, and fuel pumps.

It all comes to a 28K .scn file(5K zip).

Not sure if its a valid add-on for Orbiter Hangar, but I can't think of anywhere else to put it?

All advice appreciated.

N.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think just the pure scn file isn't much good - but if you would write a manual for it and give some credits, you would already have a good reason to post it.

I have no problem with single scenario add-ons, if they are really more than just 10 minutes of messing around with the scenario editor. And a manual is a must-have for ANY add-on, regardless how trivial it is.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It sounds like you put some effort into that Notebook and in affect it creates life to a surface base. I think its worth it. I have a scenario/challenge uploaded to OHM as well. :thumbup:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
For normal (i.e., small) scenarios I agree that OrbitHangar isn't the best place for them. However, in this case it's a huge scenario file with a lot of content:

It adds runway approach road traffic, car-park traffic, GA area fuel and flat-bed lorry, Main apron fuel lorries, and fuel pumps.

It all comes to a 28K .scn file(5K zip).

A 28K scenario file is a significant amount of work, so IMO it would be fine on OrbitHangar. In fact, I'm looking forward to downloading it and trying it out! :thumbup:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
sounds like quite the active base! I wouldn't mind having a look at it either.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks folks, thats all valid points.

I'll have a go at a "Manual..." could be a bit short!
Suppose should put down why its been made, how it fits in with the next "add-on" to Newcastle Airfield. How many vehicles, and what types, where they stop and load/unload fuel/cargo.

Probably think of a bit more, I'll give it a couple of days and see what comes up.

Edit:

Forgot I'd done a video of the UCGO vehicles
http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k207/Notebook_04/?action=view&current=UCGO_1.mp4

Many thanks, N.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You could also suggest a few "missions" or "challenges" in the manual, that players could explore in your scenario. With such many vessels, you should have many choices.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
yeah, actually I really like a pack of scns that give mission parameters and/or focus on different aspects of a certain vessel.

Even though there isn't much actual notepad editing, I like the small collection of dgiv scns, for example. not any single one of them would be worth it by itself, really. It's the description and setup that make it worthwhile, and the fact that there is a collection, so you can go down the list and say "did it" "did it" "i'd like to do that one better" "keep failing that one" :blahblah:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Had a think, and this is what I've got so far for the "Manual".

Newcastle UCGO Scenario.

Requires my EGNT(Newcastle_UK)Ver2 add-on.
Requires Dan Steph's UCGO20_100114 add-on

Tested only with Orbiter2010P1.

This add-on is a single scenario for Newcastle Airport, its the first in a series of upgrades. To come are mesh improvements to the main buildings and pier, with a UMMU departure lounge. Also, the new control tower will be added, with more UCGO vessels and scenarios.

All vehicles are default UCGO. There are a total of 21, 8 Chrysler cars, 7 Fuel Truck, 6 Flat Bed Truck.

Two of the fuel trucks service the empty gates at the main apron, and one stops by the ShuttleA in the GA area.

One flat bed truck stops at the cargo area and the runway mid point extension for a future vessel.

The rest of the vehicles circulate around both runway ends on the available "roads". Three taxis run around the car-park...

There are 3 Fuel Pumps, 2 serve the main apron, and 1 for the GA/Cargo Area.

This is basically a testing scenario, feedback for problems, and any input is appreciated. It is a "base load" for Newcastle UCGO traffic, and if there are frame-rate problems with this number of vehicles, I'll have to think again.

== Credits ==

Dr. S. for Orbiter
Dan Steph for UCGO

Orbiter-Forum for the help.

== End Credits ==

Notebook: 19/9/2010

I think thats about it, any comments appreciated.

N.

Reaction score
I think thats about it, any comments appreciated.

N.

Hi Notebook, as a side-note to this discussion, and a very minor criticism of your (excellent) EGNM, taxiway centreline lighting is green, with the edges blue at corners.

I look forward to the enhanced scenario file.

Cheers WE

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hello Weirdo Earthtorch, correct wrt the lighting, but by that time I was sick of the sight of the whole thing and just wanted it finished!
Its all in the .cfg file, if you want to change them yourself....

N.

Might was well put this on OH now I think.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Thanks Notebook, this sounds nice. :cheers:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome Tex, hope folks have some fun with it. Just realised I haven't put what it is on the download description:facepalm:

Most fun I had was using F3 and switching between vehicles, taking manual control and causing mayhem. Clever the way they sort themselves back on auto...

N.