Question Is it ok to post the D3D9Client code online ?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OVP sources are GPL'ed, so once you publish a binary, you also have to publish the derived code. In light of this, nobody can sue you for posting the D3D9 code.

OTOH, it is of course good manner to ask the main author for permission to do so, that's why I've PM'ed jarmonik about my clone before I made it public. So in a way, my clone on BB had his blessing ;) .

dumbo2007

Crazy about real time sims
Reaction score
Ok thanks. All I really needed was a link per line so I can refer to functions etc. Since the bitbucket thing has that, I ll use it and remove my older copy.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

By the way, is the Dx7 client code also available in the same site. If I want to understand how the client works should I start from Dx7 client or can I directly jump into D3D9

dumbo2007

Reaction score
Is it still in active development :)

Wonder where I should start. then .

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
By the way, is the Dx7 client code also available in the same site. If I want to understand how the client works should I start from Dx7 client or can I directly jump into D3D9

:hesaid:

However, my repository on BB is also a mirror of that official SVN-repo: https://bitbucket.org/face/ovp/changesets/tip/branch(default)

For more info on what my repository contains, check the wiki page here: https://bitbucket.org/face/ovp/wiki/Home

dumbo2007

Reaction score
Thanks Face !

By the way, is the API and help documentation online somewhere ? Can it be converted to HTML and put in your repo so its browse-able online too ?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
By the way, is the API and help documentation online somewhere ?

Nowhere that I know of. Normally, you get the API and help with Orbiter or - for recent OVP developing - Orbiter beta packages.

Can it be converted to HTML and put in your repo so its browse-able online too ?

No. BB is no static web hoster. I could maybe convert it to Creole format to put it into the wiki there, but I fail to see the gain for that much effort. I'm also not sure if BB's ToS allows for that. And I'd want to ask Martin for permission first, anyway.