General Question is there a Add-on for cape Canaveral / Shuttle Fleet problem

Endeavor

Astronaut
Donator
Reaction score
hey guys is there a add-on for where the space shuttle launches happen (Cape Canaveral)I really do hope so and is the space shuttle fleet add-on bugged?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
KSC is already supplied with Orbiter 2010.

What do you mean by bugged? You should explain the issue you are having rather than asking if it's "bugged" because without knowing the specific issue it's impossible to say if it IS a bug, something you are doing (or not doing) or a misunderstanding (e.g. not reading the instructions).

Xyon put together a very good How to ask for Help guide. Please read it and follow it. You can find it by clicking this link.

Mod Note: Moved to General Questions and help

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
For starters, you need no add-on the Space Shuttle is included with the Orbiter Base install, secondly (as garyw said) you need more information about the "bug" before anyone can help you.

Darren

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
If what you mean is a better looking KSC, there is [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2811"]this[/ame]. Be warned, however, that that add-on was made for Orbiter 2006, and therefore may not preform properly in 2010 (I think the co-ordinates are off slightly). As for Shuttle Fleet being bugged, do what the others said.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
If what you mean is a better looking KSC, there is this. Be warned, however, that that add-on was made for Orbiter 2006, and therefore may not preform properly in 2010

It works great for me in 2010 P1, but the order of install matters.

Endeavor

Astronaut
Donator
Reaction score
For the bugged Issue what happens is for example i load the challenger launch scenario and when it loads the shuttle is invisible and is like under the map and spinning. And this happens for Endeavour, Colombia Etc also.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
For the bugged Issue what happens is for example i load the challenger launch scenario and when it loads the shuttle is invisible and is like under the map and spinning. And this happens for Endeavour, Colombia Etc also.

You still haven't given us any information, so please answer these:

1. what version of Orbiter?
2. What version of the shuttle fleet?
3. What happens if you install onto a clean copy of orbiter?
4. Is the shuttle under the map or is it LIKE it's under the map? I'm not sure what the difference is but you mentioned it so I assume it means something.
5. There is no shuttle "colombia" - Maybe you mean Columbia?

Clear communication is important. Imagine Mission Control trying to help out with an issue if all the astronaunts say is "It's like broken, dude" - They wouldn't get far would they? And likewise, We cannot help without a full set of information. I will once again ask you to read Xyon's "How to ask for help" document.

Thank you.

Endeavor

Astronaut
Donator
Reaction score
You still haven't given us any information, so please answer these:

1. what version of Orbiter?
2. What version of the shuttle fleet?
3. What happens if you install onto a clean copy of orbiter?
4. Is the shuttle under the map or is it LIKE it's under the map? I'm not sure what the difference is but you mentioned it so I assume it means something.
5. There is no shuttle "colombia" - Maybe you mean Columbia?

Clear communication is important. Imagine Mission Control trying to help out with an issue if all the astronaunts say is "It's like broken, dude" - They wouldn't get far would they? And likewise, We cannot help without a full set of information. I will once again ask you to read Xyon's "How to ask for help" document.

Thank you.
LOL.
1. what version of Orbiter? 2010p1
2. What version of the shuttle fleet?4.5
3. What happens if you install onto a clean copy of orbiter?nothing
4. Is the shuttle under the map or is it LIKE it's under the map? I'm not sure it IS under the map
5. YES.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

How can i get a clean copy of orbiter
Im just wondering. i think i did it right. just want to make sure.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

A clear or vanilla installation of Orbiter is one without ANY add-ons installed except the one that you want to test and its requirements.

You can have as many orbiter installations on a single PC as you can put on your HDD, I currently have 3 active and a single Orbiter 2006 installation that I shoved on my external HDD for having old add-on projects preserved for future resuming of development.

Endeavor

Astronaut
Donator
Reaction score
A clear or vanilla installation of Orbiter is one without ANY add-ons installed except the one that you want to test and its requirements.

You can have as many orbiter installations on a single PC as you can put on your HDD, I currently have 3 active and a single Orbiter 2006 installation that I shoved on my external HDD for having old add-on projects preserved for future resuming of development.
so to get a clean orbiter all i have to do is reinstall it?

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, essentially. You just download Orbiter again, and extract it to a different directory than you did the first one. No need to delete your original Orbiter install or anything.

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
Can you please, elaborate more on the order of the installs.Thanks:thumbup:

For lack of being able to explain all my experimenting Im just attaching my install order. Hi Res KSC is #54.

Attachments

• ORBITER 2010 P1 Install Order.doc
    24 KB · Views: 12

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

This is also explained in the article.