ISS sighting?

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I saw it too - it was my first time I ever saw it!!! It was really cool - a bright dot moving across the sky. I was out walking when I saw it. It was so visible because the skies were so clear (for once), and also the new solar arrays were on. Plus, the shuttle was still docked...

I also saw it again at about 9.07, but is was far South-West, at about 13̊ above the horizon...

Last edited:

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you look today (although looking at the sat data it's a little cloudy) then you should see the Shuttle followed by the ISS about a minute later. Soyuz will be floating around somewhere too, although if you live in a city it might not be too easy to see.

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Soyuz will be floating around somewhere too, although if you live in a city it might not be too easy to see.

Especially because it's painted black. :)

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Nothing special, but I've seen the Discovery and the ISS couple of hours ago. The day had been beautiful before the fall of night and the sky was crystal clear.

Now I can claim I've seen a space shuttle, although at a bit of distance. :lol:

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
WOW - I just saw the Shuttle, closelly followed by the Station go over:cheers: Again, it is a very clear night here.

I am getting into this tracking business...:lol: