Vessel ISV Venture Star and Valkyrie shuttle from "Avatar"

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score
oh. so repaint the section red. It looks like there are ridges. I might just add black lines in the texture. It looks like more structure on the red part also
Actually, it turns out you had the textures for that part of the vessel rendered incorrectly, so the insides of the radiator and engines are textured rather than the outside. Therefore, the black lines are unnecessary. By the way, the engines are located behind the radiators, as stated earlier by jangofett287.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh. Let me look at the those section. Those have a lot of double sided mesh groups. I can see if I can repaint like the model

Attachments

• isvrepaint1.jpg
    isvrepaint1.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 11

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Got the red texture to show up. On the cargo section. in 2016 that area looks good. I will redo it. It has issues. I got the tube to load.

Attachments

• isvred.jpg
    isvred.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 10

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I meant the structure on either side of the propellent tanks. It's supposed to be coloured red.
Well, it's supposed to be glowing red during engine use and some time thereafter. It's not their natural color, it's because they're literally glowing hot. Whether or not that effect is doable depends on whatframework gattispilot is using to create the thing, though.

Also, the mirror shields at the rear end would also serve as a kinetic shield against relativistic dust once the ship is decelerating, that's why there's multiple layers of them. I'm not sure what they'd use during the acceleration phase for that, though. Merely the solar sail seems insufficient, you need more than one layer for a whipple shield.

The original design concept the venture star was inspired by uses droplet radiators that create quite an effective shield in combination with the magnetic field from the antimatter engines, but the venture star doesn't have those. Which does make sense, since they're only useful during the acceleration phase, during which the venture star would be propelled by lasers, not its engines, so it wouldn't need the radiators. As far as I know there are no depictions of the venture star in its acceleration configuration with the lightsail unfolded.

The whole design came out of the Valkyrie concept, if anybody's interested in the details. Just that in the movie they decided to instead name the shuttles like that, maybe as a reference.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Try this one for mesh issues. No centrifuge. This should have all the Textures so they may overwrite

Attachments

• ISVVENTURESTAR2010d.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 2

Luke Reichelt

Reaction score

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
1623352031019.png

Very good looking mesh and textures!
I played around with the cfg-file to direct the exhaust into the correct direction. Still, I think the mesh is backwards. The front is on the right hand side.
ISS for scale :)

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
try this mesh and cfg

Attachments

• ISVVENTURESTAR2010e.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 2