Problem Just an Observation

gagarin

Reaction score
I don`t know if it is me and my computer system (high end 64 windows 10 Nvidia ASUS laptop with 3 HD) or just Orbiter downloads are not as good as they used to be.
But it seems to me now that MOST files I download for orbiter 2016 seem to end in CTD!
Not only for version 2016 but for the other variants i have on my laptop - 2010 and 2006
I have been an Orbiter user since its conception and I think it is an amazing concept for someone like me who is totally fascinated by all related Space matter - but I am now sadly getting to the point where i am now shying away for it - I just downloaded the Pluto-Charon files and that immediately crashed to desktop - the same with the wonderful concept of the Soyuz 7K series.
The "few" scenarios I am able to play are however excellent - just wish the others were the same
Thank you for listening

Owenmck

Read the documentation!
Reaction score
I don`t know if it is me and my computer system (high end 64 windows 10 Nvidia ASUS laptop with 3 HD) or just Orbiter downloads are not as good as they used to be.
But it seems to me now that MOST files I download for orbiter 2016 seem to end in CTD!
Not only for version 2016 but for the other variants i have on my laptop - 2010 and 2006
I have been an Orbiter user since its conception and I think it is an amazing concept for someone like me who is totally fascinated by all related Space matter - but I am now sadly getting to the point where i am now shying away for it - I just downloaded the Pluto-Charon files and that immediately crashed to desktop - the same with the wonderful concept of the Soyuz 7K series.
The "few" scenarios I am able to play are however excellent - just wish the others were the same
Thank you for listening
Are you using these addons in an Orbiter installation where there are many other addons already installed? I’ve never had issues like this with a fresh install, but find them quite regularly with a crowded install. It can be quite a puzzle to find which addons are not compatible with each other

gagarin

Reaction score
Hello
I have to admit I do have a lot of addons and I am now in the process of deleting all the ones that CTD and sadly there are a few .
I shall see how that goes
Otherwise I will do a clean install of Orbiter 2016 and start from scratch

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
If you are already so deep in trouble that Orbiter crashes very often, I would recommend to go for a clean install right away.

Then install the jonesoft-generic-mod-enabler (jsgme).
This is really useful! Just copy the addons in the MOD folder, activate only those you want to try out, and deactivate those not in use.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Might be related to missing meshes being loaded by a base. It that base in on the default Sol system, then it will CTD most scenarios.
Unfortunately the log doesn't help much on these cases.