Just fell off the turnip wagon.

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just now arrived in this new Orbiter "country" and am having a first look around. (I am an imigrant from M6, trying to learn the customs of this new land - I left M6 for a week and found the gates shut when I tried to get back in!) For starters, I am reading posts about M6, trying to figure out what the hell happened over there - complete meltdown? Is it just the Fourm, or is Orbiter itself in jeopardy? (I'm afraid that Martin will someday come to his senses and scream, "Enough!!")

In the intersest of settling in, can anyone give me some pointers about how to set up my signature section? I would like to have a line saying, "Click here for my add-ons" so that clicking on the text links to an OrbitHanger search page. Clicking on an icon for a particular addon would also be nice. Please talk to me like I'm a two year old and help me through this.

Here's to a brave new world:cheers:

Chipstone306

Reaction score
I just now arrived in this new Orbiter "country" and am having a first look around. (I am an imigrant from M6, trying to learn the customs of this new land - I left M6 for a week and found the gates shut when I tried to get back in!) For starters, I am reading posts about M6, trying to figure out what the hell happened over there - complete meltdown? Is it just the Fourm, or is Orbiter itself in jeopardy? (I'm afraid that Martin will someday come to his senses and scream, "Enough!!")

In the intersest of settling in, can anyone give me some pointers about how to set up my signature section? I would like to have a line saying, "Click here for my add-ons" so that clicking on the text links to an OrbitHanger search page. Clicking on an icon for a particular addon would also be nice. Please talk to me like I'm a two year old and help me through this.

Here's to a brave new world:cheers:

WELCOME
orbiter is safe the forum is in trouble though too unreliable. YOu will find some great help here ! Just remember to read the manuals and ask a lot of good questions.

cheers

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey Usonian! Glad you decided to hop here. Get your buddy Greg here as well. ;)

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
To put a link in use the following syntax (Without the spaces):

[url = http://www.google.com]Google[/ url]

This will appear as Google.

If you want to put an image in, you can use image tags (Without spaces, once again):

[img ]Image URL[/img ]

You can of course put an image tag (or any other type of tag) between 2 url tags and have the image as the link.

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
To put a link in use the following syntax (Without the spaces):

[url = http://www.google.com]Google[/ url]...

Perfect! I will print this out and save it. (I do this signature edititing so rarely it's easy to forget how its done.)

I rather like the fact that help arrived in less than 12 hours from a total stranger on the opposite side of the planet - ain't the "internets" a wonder?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome Usonian!

On the home page: http://www.orbiter-forum.com (if using the default skin Orbiter-Forum) you will find lots of useful links on the left side, including Edit Avatar and Edit Signature. On other skins you can find them under the UserCP drop down menu. As for posting images and URLs, it's the same as posting in a thread. Check out this thread I posted a while back with screen shots...

http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=3

Welcome and thanks for joining! :welcome: